First Lay Out Blind

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by fireduck, Jan 22, 2017.

1. calstefanko

calstefanko Senior Refuge Member

they usually run around $200

2. fireduck

fireduck Elite Refuge Member

Thanks For All The Help! I never knew of so many brands. I like a couple of them, but leaning towards the Avery Finisher. They think a lot of this one cause I can't find a sale on them. Heard I might have to wait til Sept-thats fine. "If" I go with Avery I hope they stand behind their product. I"m still listening to other hunters what they have to say about their layout. Thanks fireduck (Kenny)

3. calstefanko

my buddy did buy 5 Avery Power hunters online and they came in 3 days before a trip to ND and they all had a rip at the back left corner of them after assembling them

4. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

Kenny, if at all possible? If they have any on display? sit in them and try them out. Some will work better than others depending on your size. Not a fan of the soft bling doors!!!

5. Action

Action Elite Refuge Member

Any of the blinds that are mentioned have a hard frame around the bottom? I'm not a fan of the "sleeping bag" foot area.

6. fireduck

fireduck Elite Refuge Member

To everyone feel free to jump in- I would like to hear from other hunters. I will be buying 2, so this will not be a cheap purchase. My son and I hope to use these for several years. I don't want to break the bank, but I don't want cheap either. Thanks for all the help! Kenny

7. Action

Action Elite Refuge Member

I have tried all the blinds at Cabela's in Lacey Washington and couldn't find one I liked better that the FA Pro Guide that is no longer made. for you finisher guys do they have a hard frame on the bottom?

Wareagle1 likes this.
  8. Wareagle1

Wareagle1 Senior Refuge Member

With the tanglefree dead zones it's framed except for the foot bag area.

9. calstefanko

If money isn't a problem then get the Avery M-2 blind, anything Avery is good. If comfort is a big factor DO NOT get the Power hunter, the only time i'd use that is if I knew i was gonna shoot a limit in an hour, the door that goes over your head gets annoying after a while.

10. goosnit

goosnit Senior Refuge Member

I don't like the sleeping bag at the feet . To resolve this problem , I bought some 3/4 " pvc , 2 - 90's and 2 - tees and made a small frame for my feet to slide under .