First rm

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by joecitrano, Oct 27, 2017.

1. joecitrano

joecitrano Senior Refuge Member

i just traded an mvp I haven't used in years for a cwf.damn!!! This call is more fun every time I pick it up!out of the box it was a shade light for me. A few flicks of the reed n it is right! This call does all I want n then some! I met stump in Chestertown At a contest 4-5 years ago n shoulda bought a call back then! What a knucklehead I am. Awesome call stump! Won't be my last.

2. DrakeStar

DrakeStar Elite Refuge Member

That CWF is the do all out of the line up.

3. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Joe, how old is the cwf you got?
    If it's older than a year, you really need to buy one of the new cwf's they are night and day better then the first cwf's.:yes
    I'm having a hard time figuring out which call I like more the latest cwf or the cranberry swirl alpha......right now they are both on my lanyard.
    But I want to take one off in case something happens and my lanyard is ripped off, misplaced or left at the club by mistake like I did last year.
    Honestly I was sick for a week, until my dad went up and found it on the way to his blind. I don't walk around with my lanyard on either, I even take it off when I get out of the blind to look for downed birds. I remember the day that I lost the lanyard, it was howling wind and sideways rain, it must've fallen out of my coat pocket when I was running back to get the truck. Now my lanyard gets put into a zipped pocket before I even unload my gun, if I would've lost it I would've been bent bigtime and sickened. They are awesome calls, that's for damn sure !
    That Stump dude ain't half bad either. Bawhahahahaw!!!;):cool::cool::cool:

4. joecitrano

joecitrano Senior Refuge Member

The guy I traded for it said its a new one n that he liked how stump kinda loosened the new cwf up. I'm a decent duck caller but this duck call is awesome. I can't operate it to its full potential... Yet but I can't put it down.

5. DrakeStar

DrakeStar Elite Refuge Member

It sounds like it has had what Stump refers to as the "mods",supossed to alleviate water vapor sticking.
    Ive got older and new CWF's in both woods and acrylic,acrylics are the only ones I can feel a difference in.