Fishing Boat Forum?

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by kswaterfowler, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Is there a forum out there for fishing boats. Wife gave me the go ahead to buy a new fishing boat this spring. Right now the ones I am looking at the hardest are Crestliner 1650 fish hawk, G3 V164F, Lowe FM 165, and the Alumacraft 165 Sport. Really leaning hard towards the Crestliner, but looking for reviews and actual owners.

2. strubedog

strubedog Elite Refuge Member

Out of the boats you listed, hands down the best quality for fit, finish etc... is crestliner. Go to walleyecentral.com and you can get all the info you want

3. Ironically enough, the guys there said Crestliner wouldn't even be on their list. A guy did turn me on to a marina about 3 hrs away that is the #3 Lund dealer in the company. He said they could put me in a Lund for roughly the same price as the others I was looking at. Lots of options out there. Thank God I still have lots of time to research.

4. strubedog

strubedog Elite Refuge Member

#1. You didn't list lund.

#2 for aluminum boats lund, crestliners have best reputations. If you search at walleye central you won't find many negative posts on crestliners.

#3 if you spent anytime at wc you would know ranger owners think it is the only boat to own and lund owners are the same

5. I wasn't really looking for a Lund, but for the right price and warranty I am up for anything. I also like the starcraft boats (not a big Merc fan, but I like Evinrudes).

I know what you mean about the Rangers. My buddy fishes in the FLW tour. He paid more for his Ranger than I paid for my house.

6. Bowhunter57

Bowhunter57 Senior Refuge Member

kswaterfowler,
    The OGF forum has some information in it and even though it's Ohio related, there are plenty of walleye anglers that may be able to help you with your decisions. :tu

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/community/

Bowhunter57

7. howard s.

howard s. Elite Refuge Member

thehulltruth.com
    myasylum.com
    iboats.com
    tinboats.net