Fishing Daytona?

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by TEAM_US, Feb 10, 2016.

1. TEAM_US

TEAM_US Senior Refuge Member

Anyone ever fished offshore out of Daytona Beach? My daughter has to dance down there at the end of June. I was considering doing the 12hr Party Boat style just to save money. I'd like to catch fish but my other goal is to get away from dance competition for a while. I've been on the bigger boats with up to 60people with my son. The one I'm looking at is 40person's max. It's just me so chartering my own boat is out of my price range. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

I fished out of Ponce inlet a fair amount over the years. The Heavy Hitter, and the Cookie Cutter were the best charter boats, but i've been fishing the keys the last few years. I never fished a head boat out of Daytona, but chances are you'll catch a few fish…... Snappers, Groupers, AJ's, yellow tail, etc.,…..but probably not any billfish, or Mahi……..still probably a decent way to kill time on the cheap.

You might call and see if there are charter boats with groups that may want to share a charter…. or if they know any locals that might want to share gas. I've done that on occasion….. You might try posting on the Swap A hunt forum, too

3. TEAM_US

TEAM_US Senior Refuge Member

Thanks! I appreciate the advice.

samuel joff likes this.
  4. samuel joff

samuel joff New Member

Fishing with a lot's of people together is really amazing. I had have the same experience with my grandfather 8 years ago. I can't even forget that experience.