Fishing lead ban legislation

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Phil N, Mar 2, 2018.

1. fishdog

fishdog Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Great! Only $6 each! Let's see I go thru about 20 per day when guiding. That adds up to....

2. booneshaya

booneshaya Refuge Member

Glad I’m a fly fisherman. Usually dry or sinking line fishing. Only use split shot when I’m nymphing. Some sink tip are made with lead or lead/tungsten combo. Wonder if they’ll ban that too. :scratch

3. theboy

theboy Refuge Member

Are they going to ban lead decoy weights also?

4. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

I inventoried my bass boat a few years ago for a story about this very thing because banning lead tackle was being talked about on a federal level. Don't recall the exact figure, but if I replaced everything in the boat which contained lead I would have spent over 3k.

5. Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton Elite Refuge Member

Yes, if you use fishing weights 2 oz. or under for your decoys. Pour your own, they work better!

6. theboy

theboy Refuge Member

Been pouring my own for 60 years. I wish I left this State 30 years ago. Too much of a hassle now.

7. blackdog58

blackdog58 Elite Refuge Member

These same politicians. That'll over look water practices killing fisheries. Ignore the ESA. Misuse tax payer monies. Underfund Game Wardens. Allow draining of wetlands. Ignore cvipa with some trying to get rid of it want to convince me that they care about wildlife and prove it by banning <2 oz split shots. Yea, great move. Save the Loons. Wardens can line up all the kids along any shore bank and check their pockets.

What if it cost a few bucks.......gimme a break.

8. Calikev

Calikev Elite Refuge Member

Can't hunt..............can't find the ammo I need

Can't fish.............can't find the sinkers I need

Guess I'll start up a meth lab, hire some illegal immigrants and rob a few convenience stores along the way. No worries though as I won't do any time in prison thanks to the sanctuary State liberals and be back in no time to blame all my problems on Trump.

hunt'ngreen, 7pntail, API and 3 others like this.
  9. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

Eureka!!!!

10. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

I was able to buy my 20 gauge ammo today as going to shot at least half time the 20 ga next year for ducks. Got a 15% off shotgun ammo plus 5% off for case prices and used my gift cards I got for 20% off on their Christmas sale for just such an occasion and guess what the net price for the ammo was pretty cheap. Ordering my new 20 gauge next week, and playing some gimmicks getting it cheaper than best price on gunbroker. Since first of year I have found lots of good deals on ammo from the local sporting goods stores pretty much same as if buying from Rogers or cabelas.