Fishing waders

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by waterfowlin101, Mar 12, 2013.

1. waterfowlin101

waterfowlin101 Elite Refuge Member

Buddies wife asked me to get him some breathable fishing waders for his b-day. 125-175 price range... any suggestions?

2. bruce

bruce Elite Refuge Member

Check sierratradingpost.com. They have a lot of choices including Simms Blackfoot waders. T he Simms waders are a bit more than you saidbut should be excellent quality as well as U.S. made.

3. bruce

I just got a catalog from The Madison River Fishing Company and they have Simms Blackfoot waders for 199.95. Not sure about shipping.

4. Greybeard

Greybeard Elite Refuge Member

(or any metal, for that matter) push-in studs. Some states are starting to ban waders with steel inserts in the soles as they scrape moss and other matter from the rocks in the streams causing problems for the fishes gills.

P.S. This may be true.....or it may just be something a 75 year old Fly Fisherman might tell you just to see if you look at the soles of your waders.:joker (we're devious that way, y'know!):yes

5. bruce

Good point from Greybeard. I also forgot that if you buy stocking foot breathable s, you also need wading shoes and the Simms waders will take you way out of the price range.