Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Flacco! Flacco!

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by carolina girl, Oct 30, 2011.

1. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

It should of never came down to that. Again, we had numorous chances to put it away throughout the whole game and failed to do so.

2. Daisy Cutter

Daisy Cutter Senior Refuge Member

I'm not sure why we didn't call a timeout after the Evans drop. He had both feet down, should have been a catch. Had we given the referees time to review that play it may have been called a TD. How far does a receiver have to run or hold onto the ball in the endzone to have it be a reception? It's clear a receiver has to hold onto the ball if he hits the ground, but he clearly had control and 2 feet down. I'm not sure I understand the rules anymore. Is it three steps, 4 steps, 1 second, 3 seconds. Anyone know what the rule is?

Yes, Flacco played a great game. Sure he didn't see every open receiver, but he was under a lot of defensive pressure, dancing around in the pocket, made some nice runs, eluded several sacks. Brady certainly didn't play as well as Flacco in this game. That field goal sucked the life out of me! DC

3. 4shore

4shore Elite Refuge Member

didn't need to call a time out. Incompletion stops the clock. Not sure why they didn't review it. A reciever has to make a "football move" with the ball and display control. Whatever that means. Even looking at it from a ravens fan point of view it wasn't a catch sadly enough.:(

4. chcltlabz

chcltlabz Elite Refuge Member

That's the rule for the rest of the field. The endzone has its own set of circumstances. You have to continue possession through the play all the way to the ground if that's where you're headed. No different than a catch on the sideline in the endzone. Has to be more than two feet down, you have to continue possession of the catch, and he did not.

5. MNapier

MNapier Elite Refuge Member

While I don't think it should be a catch, I do find it funny that if a guy dives wildly from the five yard line and has the ball knocked out the play is over and a touchdown as long as any part of the ball "touched" some magical line in the middle of no where.

6. Glendonboy

Glendonboy Elite Refuge Member

From the NFL Rulebook

They used to say the player must be able to make a football move. I thought he had possesion.

7. 4shore

4shore Elite Refuge Member

the goal line dive is different because you have already displayed possesion of the ball by moving/diving towards the goal line. For example the Tory Smith dive to the pylon.

8. MNapier

MNapier Elite Refuge Member

I understand, I'm just saying that in my opinion, it's bogus. You can be careless at the goal line without risk.

9. Glendonboy

Glendonboy Elite Refuge Member

After goal line yes. The ball is dead on a touchdown.

10. big n nasty

big n nasty Elite Refuge Member

Look at the Calvin Johnson play last year. you have to complete the catch