flagging system

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Easterncanadafowler, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Easterncanadafowler

Easterncanadafowler Refuge Member

2. ArmChair Biologist

ArmChair Biologist Senior Refuge Member

I've used the magic mike from molt gear. It's the same thing. These aren't new. The wing waver has been around for a very long time. The only difference is these "flagging systems" lay on the ground so you don't have to keep the string tight when birds are working like the wing waver.

I've had a wing waver for over ten years and a bunch of my friends have the magic mike. They seem to help sometimes and sometimes they don't. I won't ever buy one and I stopped using the wing waver because they are just too much hassle for what they're worth in my opinion. Regardless they won't drastically up your harvest by any means. In fact I haven't noticed that they help more then a normal flag. The geese usually key in on the calling so much that if you have a questionable hide they'll bust you regardless.

3. goosnit

goosnit Senior Refuge Member

I looked at the Feet Down Design flagger last week . I was guilty as many of us to find that magical edge . They had it on sale for 79.99 plus shipping . Shipping was 19.95 . I can't justify paying that much for shipping . I'll stick with my hand held flag . Good luck on to whatever you choose , and have a safe and memorable season . :tu

4. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

5. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

My wife bought one of these thinking it was a good deal. I have to say it appears made of such poor quality material that there is now way it will last one day in the field. I took it out of the box and had to laugh that a company like this would produce such crap. Cheap Chinese junk! They should be embarrassed. I threw it in the shed and wouldn’t even consider taking in the feild.

6. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

I bought some of the hardcore ones because they were dirt cheap. Haven't broke anything on them yet. flagging systems are nice to have when you're hunting field edges, whether out of layouts, A-frames, or just using natural cover.

7. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

I have the Feet Down system. Bought in person so no shipping. I really like it, components are heavy duty. It takes getting used to figure out the rhythm with the bungee/wind etc. But great as mentioned above for getting that flag away from the blind/pit.

Now a funny story. My dog was breaking a bunch so I tied him to a stump next to the blind. Flock comes in we down four birds. There goes the dog and 5 ft of leash and a stump through the decoys. Stump snags the flag cord. Dog gets to a dead bird and sees another on other side of the spread running away, he charges in that direction. Now the flagging cord is attached to the stump, the flag unit and the blind. When the dust settled he had knocked over 40+ decoys.

8. Keith McGowan

Keith McGowan Elite Refuge Member

I have a FDD flagger and love it.