Flambeast Storm Fronts

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by Bender, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Hawkeye55

Hawkeye55 New Member

Very striking colors for sure. The "mold" looks good. Agree with others on the hen colors. A dusting of the hen sides from a can of Rustoleum tan camo spray paint would solve that problem. Really should not have to touch up new decoys. With only one head pose per sex along with the hen paint sceme will likely negatively affect their sales. Have to give Flambeau credit for their efforts to upgrade their decoy offerings.

2. Meats

Meats Elite Refuge Member

That "Plug" hanging out of their butt looks like it will grab onto the decoy bag and cause nothing but trouble.
    Also the hens color is HORRIBLE.

[​IMG]

3. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

I'll be adding a dozen or 2 for sure. Then hen color is a little off but when I repaint dekes I always paint them making them much brighter than a real duck to get more attention. The ducks dont seem to care about the bright colors when they get close, they still land in the dekes and sit there if we let em.

4. hankyorke

hankyorke Elite Refuge Member

While I couldn't care less about any mass produced decoy, especially plastic ones... I seriously doubt they look like that out of the box. It looks like marketing pushed the "saturate" button a few too many times while post processing the pictures.

5. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

While they're a big improvement, that's exactly why I end up detailing all the different brand new decoys that I buy-----to get them 'right', at least by my eyes.

Ringbill

6. WIQUACKER

WIQUACKER Elite Refuge Member

Beautiful bird, but my first thought when I see these is a gender challenged Wood Duck....aka a Wood Duck in "drag"..... :l

7. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

The more thought I give this, the more I think you may be right. New decoys seldom come out of the box looking like the ads.

+1.

8. SwampHunter

SwampHunter Elite Refuge Member

Nice carving. Paint needs a tad bit of work. Other than that Flambeau is really starting to gain ground. :tu