Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Flatlands Flyways

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by BirdJ, Feb 3, 2018.

1. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

Anybody done any business with these guys! Pros, cons, expensive? Thanks for your input on this!!

2. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

$450/person for a 1 day hunt. Seems pricey to me.

3. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for the comeback!!!

4. maskedmallard

maskedmallard New Member

Be easier to list the Pro's of them than it would the cons. Your a SD resident and don't anything about them? That is kind of mind blowing. That operation is personally responsible for taking South Dakota waterfowl hunting and starting the legislative process of making it go down the toilet. Most residents don't have a single positive thing to say about them and how they interact with other hunts nor do most Non Residents. Their a wanna be habitat flats, without the giant management of land and prime access but with all the same costs.

GK1 and BirdJ like this.
  5. Wapiti@67

Wapiti@67 Senior Refuge Member

I don't know much about them, other than they lease a lot of land in that Sand Lake area. A couple of falls ago the snow geese arrived at Sand Lake and ALL of them fed in one large section, which the owner told me was leased by Flatland Flyways. I saw several of their trucks going up and down the road, but they never set a decoy in that field the 3 days I was there. It was pretty frustrating to watch all the birds have a safe refuge to land in.

I do however enjoy the videos they have posted on YouTube!

6. Greentops

Greentops Senior Refuge Member

Pretty good cast here. Don't set the hook to early, you should get some pretty good bites. Jealousy is a dangerous thing and breeds anger and resentment.

7. johnpaul

johnpaul New Member

I bought some decoys from them and they seemed like alright guys.

8. rossgoose

rossgoose Refuge Member

One of the best services, these guys know their stuff. I know several people who have hunted spring snows with them, all were extremely satisfied with their experience. They have some excellent spreads also. Running 2, 2500 bird floater rigs this spring

9. jpallen

jpallen Elite Refuge Member

I'm not sure you are going to find many folks in SD that are jealous of them. The head guide's dad has bought everything they own and has spent 10's of thousands of dollars on lawyers and lobbyists to get their way with out of state licenses. It's like the spoiled kid at the store that doesn't get the candy he wants and throw a fit until he gets it. The owner and guides are the least respected hunters in SD for sure. I could go on and on about more specifics but what the point they cater to folks that are like minded in many ways

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    4 BUCK likes this.
  10. jpallen

jpallen Elite Refuge Member

Take a listen to this and make your own opinion on Flatlands

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018