Flocknockers?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Triple BB, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Duck_Hunter_TX

Duck_Hunter_TX Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

Incredible. Wish I was around back in Flock Knocker’s hay day just to see the carnage.

2. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

I liked Cliff. He ran a tight ship that wasn't for everyone, but it was a solid forum in its day. Then there was a forum or two on the opposite end of the spectrum where "anything goes" was the mantra. This forum did a good job of being somewhere in the middle.

3. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

There are often a host of reasons for the failure of a business venture. With websites dedicated to a specific venue management missteps can magnify both the speed and impact of such. Stagnation is usually an early symptom as evidenced by another website that allows moderators to alter posts, in some cases 180 degrees from the original and do so sans any public disclosure of such. Credibility is the first casualty of this type of behavior with a significant indicator being the short tenure of new participants choice to not associate with that type of bovine caca.

GK1 likes this.
  4. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

I assume this place will eventually wither away as well. I spend far more time on fb groups for a variety of reasons.

dvegas and Constructeur like this.
  5. thatguy2

thatguy2 Elite Refuge Member

I don’t have Facebook. So I spend some time on forums. My white trash family is a huge issue on FB and if you call a spade a spade they get pissed and an all out war erupts. If you block them they get pissed. You can’t win.

6. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

white trash is my fav.

7. JohnBZ

JohnBZ Elite Refuge Member

This forum hasn't been the same since the events that caused the Texas guys to split and start "the other site". For S and Gs I think I may cruise over there and see if that place is still alive.

8. Mr.Bones

Mr.Bones New England Moderator Moderator

Enjoyed FK and made a bunch of friends from it that I still hunt with today.
    Also learned quite a bit from some good hunters there.

Call'em N likes this.
  9. wingmatt

wingmatt Elite Refuge Member

That "other site" others went to several years back because they loved foul (not fowl) language is almost dead too. I've checked in on it once or twice a year, and they sound like 3rd graders or 18 year old marine recruits!. No wonder is in it's death throes. While I have a FB account, I just don't care for the format vs an actual forum like this one.

ducknwork and Constructeur like this.
  10. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

I’ts not a matter of being able to talk like adults per say but more of the censorship.

pud123 likes this.