Flocknockers?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Triple BB, Dec 31, 2017.

1. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

^^^ The junior high SSDD crap talk does get a bit shopworn.

Mean Gene likes this.
  2. kahunna

kahunna Elite Refuge Member

"Hell I got banned from there for a post I made on here."

2018's first "Post of the Year" nominee!

3. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Back in the day, when I tried to get on, I kept getting a virus warning. Never did log on.

4. dukkalr

dukkalr Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

There has been only one place in the waterfowling internet forum world where you can go and say absolutely anything ya want, pick a fight , brawl with em all, have a brew with em and start fightin again and not get booted,,, The Mallard Club,,,,, it is hanging in there like a loose tooth, same 5 knuckleheaded retards hollerin at each other, one looooooong winded oldfart rules the roost and will take on all comers, (he lives for it),,,but a better bunch numbskulls you shant find , there just all punch drunk from beatin on each other:l:l:l,,,,,, tell em dukkalr sent em fresh meat:yes:yes:dv

auto5 likes this.
  5. h2ofwlr

h2ofwlr Elite Refuge Member

:l ^^^ True Dat! They are drooling profusely at the thought of fresh meat!
    It makes me wonder how many more billion brain cells Unc and some of the other rascals have lost since the last time I was there. :dv

:bow I'm a member of that not too elite club myself.
    I was there at least several years, heck I still have a FN hat. Anyway, I had posted up asking if anyone else had any issues with the paint falling off new out of the box Avery/GHG Lookers Canada decoys when they 1st came out. Boy did he get pizzed. Cliff said that I had dragged my brand new GHG Lookers behind my truck while on my 1st hunting trip with them in Canada and that's why the paint was falling off. - I am serious - he said that. :eek: I got the boot as a result. I wish it was for telling that bone head to shut the hell up or something. Oh well... :l

But FB hunting pages that I have perused there is a no holds bar attitude, ESPECIALLY by the Millennial and youngest people. Often zero restraint what so ever and no concept of "we are in this together, so lets try to at least be cordial towards 1 another". Mob mentality at it's worst. I have seen some Ice fishing FB groups that these younger people are just plain rude because they can be. It's like Jr High school. Not at all for me. And hey I love a good laugh, but attacking people just because you can is not my cup of tea at all. And it is far worse on the hunting FB pages, so I never joined any of them. I have found that the FB pages with smaller membership are generally a LOT nicer in that guys are helpful to each other.

I too stop in from time to time, but rarely post up. It's ho hum, so why even bother with their clique.

If I find a place where Benny is, I love to stop in as that man sure could make me laugh - no doubt about that. (see my signature)

The heyday of web based discussion forums like this 1 is well past. But, the better ones will continue as long as new people are welcomed VS being badgered, put down, etc. Bottom line is people need to feel welcomed, have no fear of asking questions so they can learn , and yet laugh at ourselves too. That is the mid of the road formula that works. Some mods here still have yet to learn how to use the "edit" function :reader - meaning remove the nasty sentence and leave the rest of the text/post alone, VS deleting the whole topic. FYI, when I was an admin I always mentioned that it was edited, for example [edited for profanity by admin] or [edited - no personal attacks are allowed] with the brackets to distinguish it from the posters text. It sent a message to the members that we were watching and for future guidance of posts. That middle of the road policy seemed to work the best for the rank and file members.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  6. dukkalr

i just talked to Unc a couple weeks ago, still the same ol lovable Unc,,,:dv:dv:yes

h2ofwlr likes this.
  7. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

So, go over there and post up which brand of spoonie decoys are the best?

API likes this.
  8. dukkalr

they want you not me, i'm an old grizzled chunk o meat they have chewed on forever:yes,Heck i have my very own emoji over there:l:l:l i dont hang around alot anymore, it's like the living dead, they need new chew toys,,, so go and introduce yourself, spend a few days getting to know the blokes and report back your findings:tu

9. mmayes

mmayes Diver Forum Mod Moderator

I had forgotten about TMC! I thought it was long gone! That places was interesting to say the least.

Mayes

10. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

Dang, just peeked and signed in. It said "You last visited: 11-20-2013 at 03:36 PM". :l

h2ofwlr and dukkalr like this.