Flooring coverage

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by BOSSRIVER, Jan 1, 2018.

1. BOSSRIVER

BOSSRIVER Senior Refuge Member

I am planning on remodeling my 1548 WE after the season. Trying to decide what kind of flooring or liner to use. I currently have hydro turf and have not been happy with how it has held up.
    Considering a spray on liner like xpress uses on there boats. Curious on your guys experience. I use my boat year round. Concerned with how hot liner would be in summer.
    Any thoughts appreciated.
    Thanks

2. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

Heat and noise would be my concerns.

Have you looked at Sea Deck? It's similar to hydroturf but has good reviews.

3. birdhunter007

birdhunter007 Elite Refuge Member

Try a rubber backed indoor/ outdoor carpet rated for Marine use. Thats what I used in my 1860 WE.
    I used a light brown and rattle canned a camo template over it for a camo look. It was about 80% less than hydroturf and has held up well over 3 yrs so far. You can pull it out and pressure wash if needed. I made nine so it snaps in.

4. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

I see you are one of us who like lots of spares. :tu

5. BobGlover

BobGlover Senior Refuge Member

I took the Walmart exercise mats & glued them down to my AL floor with weldwood cement. Works great & is inexpensive.

ringneck5499 likes this.
  6. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

I use opps paint in a OD green, schmit brown or any other earthly color and throw in and on, a little sand for traction and extra dirt adherance after a few hunts. I was able to buy that thick deck paint from the Opps rack....$6 a gallon. The course sand was free.

7. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Truck bed liner (polyurea) is not going to give you any protection from a hot floor in the summer sunshine or a cold floor in the ice of winter. It will provide a permanent coating (vs. paint) if that is what you are after.

Not understanding your issue with Hydroturf. Have had it in my current boat for 10 years and it is like new. But then again, I don't leave the boat out in sunlight when not in use. It goes in my garage now, but prior to that I always covered it.