Florida is duck dry boys...

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by Waterfowl fool, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

Man I dont know about you boys but when we find them they seems to be gone QUICK, and the amount of people this year is crazy.

2. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

Luckily, no big crowds my way, but the birds have certainly thinned out, this dang heat is no help and now the full moon ****. A familiar sight is a group of seven drakes in the stratosphere at mach 3, down below smaller groups of mostly hens that are real wary, I managed nine birds in two hunts, not complaining. I've downsized my decoy spread, put away the mojo, and trying to hide as well as I can. At this rate, spring turkey will be colder than duck season!

3. ibfishin1

ibfishin1 Refuge Member

91 degrees and getting ready to head out on an afternoon hunt in shorts and short sleeves.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4. duckmanJR

duckmanJR Senior Refuge Member

Still some birds around...but less of the dumb ones...pretty decoy shy now.

5. Glades Ranger

Very warm the last two days, saw few birds but took two limits. 100 % of what I have seen/taken thus far are ringers; on my way out I rousted up two large ducks- either widgeon or pintails- and that is a good sign. I have not seen any teal or mottleds, the higher water than normal must be the reason. All I long for is some cooler weather and January is approaching fast.

6. ibfishin1

ibfishin1 Refuge Member

The ranches are holding so much water here it is not surprising the lack of teal on the lake. I had an older rancher tell me he had "hundreds of tiny ducks on the flag ponds".

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

7. Glades Ranger

Last two hunts saw only two dozen birds each day, but I managed a half-dozen each time! It is a grind but I ain't complaining!