Florida Mallard

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by quackerduck, Dec 19, 2017.

1. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

I forgot to mention. Neither of quackerducks birds were shot on an sta. Hmmm

2. Bamawaterfowler

Bamawaterfowler Senior Refuge Member

Lake Okeechobee and Patrick AFB in S. Florida
    Good for you guys. Tons of opportunity in Florida if you just get out of the house. And when public hunting, there are no lines! And the marsh is not square. Very happy for our out state friends. I know of ton of folks who give their back up shot gun to shoot mottle and tree ducks. Great season everyone! Hope everyone was safe.

3. quackerduck

quackerduck Senior Refuge Member

Had never paid a guide who told me we were hunting with his friend. So was a little worried on how that would play out. But Scott let me have the first shot at a bird. Then as the day wore on I learned more about all the permits and drawings. All new to me . We moved locations and got more birds. Thanks Scott for helping me get that Dam Mottled duck. What`s the saying? Third times the charm!!!!!!!!! Had fun, gave Bender my info. Keep in touch, you come north I will get you on scoters.

4. quackerduck

quackerduck Senior Refuge Member

To all of you Florida Hunters Thanks for all the advice and sorry my post started a pissing match between ya. Shake hands and have a beer. I donate hunting trips in Maryland for Vets. So anyone that is or was a Vet can come hunt with me for FREE. Seasons over for now. Already thinking on Tx for Cinnamon Teal next year. Last bird for the 32

5. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

I killed my cinnamon in Texas last year one of those where he wasn’t supposed to be there was hunting the saltwater bays and well his mistake was flying with some bluewing and he was kinda odd man out to say the least best hunt in years of coarse you could kill two sprigs so it was great

6. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

Truly my pleasure. You only needed one shot to get the mottled duck too.

7. Bamawaterfowler

there is an old saying no one hates duck hunters more than duck hunters. when your "spot" is highly contested -- and i know they will be as more hunters hit the marsh -- and more marshes are being removed, well, we get what we get. never any hard feelings -- always just trying to help my fellow hunters out with what i have learned! my goal has always been to pass it on. and I just retired from active duty Air Force after serving 25 years. I hope to spend way more time hunting the big lake. and staying out of deployments, TDYs, and other stuff. just enjoy time with my family out in the wonderful world God created....be safe all, congrats! and see you next year!!! all the best, B

8. duckmanJR

duckmanJR Senior Refuge Member

Don't quit now Matt...there is still Youth weekend...and snipe!

Bamawaterfowler likes this.
  9. Bamawaterfowler

Yes sir brother! I am taking my nephew and his friend out on the lake. My first real “guide” expierence. Be safe my friend.