fly rodders?

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by quivira kid, Nov 27, 2009.

1. quivira kid

quivira kid Elite Refuge Member

Anybody here use a fly rod? I've gotten pathetically addicted to fishing with flies the past few years. Bluegills, crappie, bass, and trout..... So much fun!

2. Zach Byron

Zach Byron Senior Refuge Member

Addicted would be an understatement for myself! It is all I think about haha.

3. StillInScrubs

StillInScrubs Elite Refuge Member

Don't do spey that's all I have to say. Much trout fishing in Kansas?

4. rod tyroch

rod tyroch Senior Refuge Member

We use here for whites and hybrids .

5. quivira kid

quivira kid Elite Refuge Member

The only trout we have here are stockers... Not a ton of fun, but the fight is different and I can fish year round that way.

My pathetic addiction is bluegills on a 3-wt.

I also tie my own flies... Wonderful hobby that allows me to stay at home some.

6. chris meschke

chris meschke Elite Refuge Member

i haven't picked up a normal rod since i touched a fly rod! gonna get serious tying this winter, been doing my own streamers, clousers and buggers. nothin beats slinging your own tied flys and catching fish! the weighted flys are fun in the wind, its a chuck and duck but they sure as hell do fly far with a tail wind! smallies are my most sought after species since i live two minutes for the sippi! been trying to find the northerns but only picked up one so far.

7. denduke

denduke Senior Refuge Member

Mostly bass but have been making trips to Arkie land....
    50 yrs. ago....
    [​IMG]

8. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

First full year we lived here, I caught trout every month of the year, just to prove I could do it. Right across the street. 5 minute walk. Native Cutts. Nothing but a fly rod.

9. StillInScrubs

StillInScrubs Elite Refuge Member

You live in a real nice spot. Close to some great steelhead fishing. I was out on the Clearwater, around Orofino, this fall chasing the steelhead. Lots of fun with the spey rod.....pretty odd fishing in the desert for steelhead, but great scenery.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Huntingducks117

Huntingducks117 Refuge Member

I moved to Northern Arkansas near the White River 2 years ago, and go tired of catching stocked rainbow trout on a spinning rod. I figured I would give fly fishing a try. I have had so much fun with it and I am now getting into tying my own flies. There is something about catching a fish on a hook with some feathers and string on it that you made. LOVE IT. :D. It is fun to fish the streams for smallmouth and longear too.

Attached Files: