fly rodders?

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by quivira kid, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Zach Byron

Zach Byron Senior Refuge Member

Since pictures are being posted, I figured I would share a few of my better fish from this season...hopefully Ill have some lake run browns to add after this weekend!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Greybeard

Greybeard Elite Refuge Member

area! We have a buddy that was from Pittsfield that we "converted" from a Catfisherman to a Bass fisherman and he has done very good in the process. His name is Darold Manker.
    I did a lot of duck hunting south of Pittsfield when I was young (many, MANY years ago) and loved the country down that way.

3. Woodduck31

Woodduck31 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

I worked on a farm for the Phillips family for 5 years, actually between griggsville and detroit. The only duck hunting we had around there was jumping the creek and some area ponds that were on my trapline. We always had good numbers of wood ducks and I even shot a black duck on the creek below the house. Believe it or not, I bowhunted deer all five years there and never shot a single deer. Our landlord had about 600 acres and pretty much would let anyone hunt. The only time I ever saw him run anyone off was when he caught some folks huntin' mushrooms.

Nice trout Zach, that top one is a fatty.

4. Waiting4Fall

Waiting4Fall Senior Refuge Member

Does getting a part time job to help fund your habit qualify me as addicted?:yes

5. theswampthing

theswampthing Elite Refuge Member

This pic is a repost but what the hay.
    From a couple weeks ago...
    Please don't make fun of my cheap rod:l, my dogs happened to break both of my good rods. I had them sticking out of the back window of our four runner and my cattle dog stepped on the button and broke both of them:cry

[​IMG]

6. denduke

denduke Senior Refuge Member

I can do some pics like that...
    Later DL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Abomb

Abomb Senior Refuge Member

Nice fish Denduke. Does your DFG not clip the Adipose fin on hatchery fish or did you bonk a wild fish?

8. denduke

These are Arkie fish and as far as I know all stockers and have the fins. This is from the Spring River and the big ones are carry over. They get bigger cuz there's lots of food.... bait fish and snails everywhere. I don't kill stockers much either. These were for the motel man. who wanted some. I don't kill browns ever. The gut hooking baiters that were around catching and "releasing" till they got larger ones were a shame. I asked what they thought..."They'd be aw right." Seesh!!!!!:cry
    [​IMG]

9. denduke

Good many people that fly fish usually start tying flies....cuz sometimes you just can't buy what you want!!!!

Noticed none of "youse guys" are showing any flies. I got the poppers for around home and a good compliment of tailwater stuff for Arkieland. Tried to lean toward meater offerings trouting this time but failed to get a big trout. Did have a goodin brake off on my cdad though.:cry

Sculpins and crwdads...Notice the gadwall flanks on the sculpins...
    [​IMG]

The general stuff with some streamers, snails, dragons/stones added...
    [​IMG]

Couple of big bass poppers...w/weedguards...
    [​IMG]

Lil tip fellas, check the Xmas decoration aisles you'd be surprised what might work on the flytie bench. No flyshops around been foraging for mat'l for awhile. Duck feathers, for sure...Wifey's roosters, too...:tu
    Later DL
    [​IMG]

10. Greybeard

Greybeard Elite Refuge Member

Old Grandad would say. Some fine Flys there!:tu