Flying in to anchorage, looking for fishing lodge to get away to

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by djbowman2, Jun 21, 2013.

1. djbowman2

djbowman2 Elite Refuge Member

Guys any help would be greatly appreciated. Im looking to book something for a week in late July early August this summer. Just one week, me and my 16 yr old son. Just got a bug and decided we are going to get plane tickets and fly into Anchorage, Can anyone recommend a lodge or fishing outfitter outside of Anchorage that we could spend a week at and enjoy some good father/son time fishing?? let me know if you habe any suggestions and or websites.

Long story short, my daughter wants to fly out to visit a friend she has in Anchorage, I wont let her fly here from PA alone, so I'm going to buy 3 tickets, and my son and I want to get lost somewhere to fish while she visits her friend for the week.... I know this is very last minute, but any info would be great!!

Thanks in advance for any replies

2. Spec

Spec Gold Refuge Member

Look in the Soladotna area (SP) Fishing in Nanilcheck (SP)halibut is also very good We rented a car and drove down to Soladotna and stayed in a lodge on the river and went from there.

3. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

4. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

5. Abbub

Abbub Senior Refuge Member

Spend some extra money and fly out of Anchorage to the village of King Salmon on the Naknek River. Best salmon fishing anywhere with no crowds. Jim Young is a great guide who can fix you up with all you need to include accomodations. It ain't cheap but it is awesome.:tu