Flying spaghetti monster?

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by goosenazi, Feb 18, 2016.

1. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

An atheist would burn down the church in the name of stupidity. Nothing solved, nothing gained. The pen is mightier than the sword, and you will convert more Christians over to atheism by debate and reasoning that you will by making them defend themselves against violence. A good example was when Christopher Hitchens and Stephen Fry debated Anne Widdecombe and John Onaiyekan on November 7, 2009. The topic 'The Catholic Church is a force for good in the world?'. They had the audience state their positions prior to the debate, and then were asked to do so after the debate. The results were the "FOR" dropping from 678 to 268, "AGAINST" increasing from 1102 to 1876, and the "UNDECIDED" from 346 to 34.

The power of logic and reasoning over dogma and faith.

Don't panic yet. The athiest/agnostic/unaffiliated numbers are low, but are growing each year.
    [​IMG]

With this growth, it will take at least 1, possible 2 full generations for these groups to become the majority.

T

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  2. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

You didn't answer my question. Most likely because you know as well as I do that despite their claims they do not represent 99% of Christians, or any percentage of what Christianity teaches. Plenty of crimes and atrocities are committed by atheists, but that no more means they represent you or others than it does when a Christian does some thing wrong. Once again you're blaming the institution and not the individual to suit your agenda.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  3. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

I always find these christians good entertainment

4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

You guys about finished peeing on each others legs? This thread was about a guy who "believes" in an all-powerful lump of noodles.

5. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

You really think so?

6. stevena198301

If you were referring to me, do I think so, what?

7. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Sorry--was actually typing in wrong place, didn't intend to post. Doing too many things at once!

8. stevena198301

:l Know what that feels like.