Flying spaghetti monster?

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by goosenazi, Feb 18, 2016.

1. chuam

chuam Elite Refuge Member

Why do you think they're trying to offend your god and not others or are actually trying to follow their "religious" tenets?

Funny that you'd want your religious freedom but based on your comment you don't want others to have the same freedom.......

callinfowl likes this.
  2. Boomn4x4

Boomn4x4 Elite Refuge Member

They aren't trying to offend a God... They are trying to offend the people that believe in God.

widgeon and tcc like this.
  3. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Exactly. Any argument that this rhetoric is directed at anything other than Christians is one of two things--either a lie or stupidity. If you're gonna do it at least have the balls to call it what it is.

ducknwork and widgeon like this.
  4. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

Wow why so negative ?

Did you have something bad happen to you to make you so angry?

I do not think the goal is to offend at all. Not for a minute.

I just don't get why people get so negative so fast about stuff like this.

What is it like to be like that?

chuam likes this.
  5. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Haha, anybody wanna see one of the biggest lies on the internet? Look up^^

6. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Whether or not the intent is there is debatable I suppose... But I would argue that it is a parody of sorts, and generally a parody is put forth to poke fun at...

Depending on the context a lot of people do not like being made fun of...

If someone cares to discuss religion and religious views, I am glad to do so, but I will try to do so in a way that is not offensive... I can certainly see where such could be considered offensive by anyone of devout religious following...

7. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

And it is just as offensive when a religious person asked a non-believe the same questions.

But what is good for the goose is not good for the gander in this case.

I do many things and say many things in an attempt to get a person to think, not to be offensive.

8. Rubberhead

Rubberhead Elite Refuge Member

That's pretty pretentious for someone who claims a live and let live approach to life, don't you think?

widgeon and bill cooksey like this.
  9. Boomn4x4

Boomn4x4 Elite Refuge Member

Read my post a little slower.... I said "they", not "I".

In other words, I have no idea what its like to be like that... Religion, no religion, God, Spaghetti Monster... what other people believe in isn't my concern.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

widgeon likes this.
  10. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

I am personally convinced that the main cause of hatred and intolerance in the world is religion, specifically, organized religion. As with other free thinkers, I do not espouse to any belief structure, and my personal ethics and principles are not a faith. I follow science and reason, I listen with an open mind and heart, I question that which defies logic, scientific evidence, or that which is unproven, or cannot be proved. I distrust, despise, and show contempt for organized religion, and am not afraid to debate, in any forum or format, the premise that religion has , and is, poisoned mankind since we began inventing them. To mock religion, whether it be the pink unicorn, the flying spaghetti monster, the teapot in space revolving around the sun, in my opinion, should, and must, be done as often as possible, to instill doubt and conjecture into those who follow religion or who are of "faith".

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016