Flying spaghetti monster?

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by goosenazi, Feb 18, 2016.

1. ducknwork

ducknwork Elite Refuge Member

Bang, do you deny the massive amounts of good that religion and faith does throughout the world?

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Who says they are just directing this at Christians? I am seriously asking, as I have no knowledge of this flaying spaghetti monster nonsense.

I'd say I fit in with this, somewhat. You seem to care more about it all as a whole than I do, but I agree, to each his own.

Noone can deny that religion has done great and charitable things, but you must also not deny the bad that has accompanied it. Folks have been doing both bad and good things in the name of gods since they first created religions.

3. Boomn4x4

Boomn4x4 Elite Refuge Member

I hate to speak for tcc, but I think his "Christians" comment was generic and intended to refer to "Theists". I have to assume that the use of colanders are directed at Muslims who have fought to wear their hijab and Jews for wearing their yarmulkes.

4. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

Nope not at all, and where did I say that?

5. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

You could have shortened all that to "I'm not only an atheist, but an azz". It's interesting that you believe mocking someone's beliefs is gonna make them change their mind or really even cause any doubt. Since when has that worked on any topic? All you really accomplish is proving my first point. I have had plenty of discussions with people who can act like a grown up that have caused me to evaluate my beliefs, yet that has never happened because of someone's mockery and ridicule.

I'm referring to the discussions here on this board, not the fsm people.

People have been doing bad things for all sorts of reasons since there were people. You guys seem to underestimate the human capacity to do bad stuff regardless of whose or what name they do it in.

6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

I never underestimate they amount of bad stuff someone can do, I just don't live in the fog that all religious folks are doing only good deeds (and I'm not saying you do). There is a difference. That isn't meant as a poke to you, just in general. I do find it odd that someone with a faith based belief system is ridiculing another faith based belief system. Hey, if it floats your boat, go for it.

7. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

No one has ever claimed they were, we're still human just like anyone else.

Who's faith am I ridiculing?

8. Lip Shooter

Do you call people that inside your church walls or just out side the church walls?

Serious question.

9. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

Samson killed 1000 men with the jawbone of an ***. I think he was outside the church though.

Lip Shooter likes this.
  10. Lip Shooter

Good point