Flying spaghetti monster?

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by goosenazi, Feb 18, 2016.

1. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

No they didn't. But the Crusades happened "in the name of Christ."

2. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

Sounds like religion to me ✌️

3. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

"no one has ever been killed on behalf of Christ."

One word answer. "Rwanda" (I can give you lots of more examples, but this was within our time, and the horrors of the genocide against their minority population. Rwanda was the most Catholic country in Africa, where the priests and nuns and bishops are still on trial for inciting the massacre of the Tutsi and Hutu moderates within the countries' border.

The Pope in the year 2000 asked for forgiveness in its the church's role in, amongst several other things, the crusades, the joys and pleasures known as the Inquisition, the persecution of the Jews (official church policy up to 1964), the forced converstion of first nations peoples all over the word, the african slave trade, and their silence and complicity during Hitler's final solution. They didn't apologize for the rape and torture of children by priests and bishops, and none of this can be offset by the "good" or "charity" that the church offers.

I'm a little busy at work right now, but I will come back and debate the rest of the statements shortly.

4. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

I never said people never claimed to be doing something awful for Christ.

5. bill cooksey

If everyone on earth were to begin aactually following Christ's teachings, there would be peace. That's a fact.

widgeon likes this.
  6. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Let me get this straight--you want to extract a few examples of priest's involvement in an extremely political event that had virtually nothing to do with religion, and use that to blame a genocide on the Catholic church because of those people's involvement? You're kidding right?

7. bill cooksey

It's like blaming guns for murder rather than the person misusing the gun. In fact, it's worse. Many firearms were developed with killing in mind, whereas Christ never advocated violence.

8. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Due to multiple 'reported posts', this gets moved to the 'World News'. Ya'll can hash it out there.

9. bill cooksey

YGBKM

10. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

The Protestants and the Catholics in Ireland might disagree with you...

But almost all religions call for peaceful coexistance, so the same could be said for almost any sturctured religion... And that is a fact as well...
    And then there is the fact that religious/Christian, and good person or not, I have yet to meet someone who will truly "turn the other cheek."