Ford...Chevy...Dodge

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by meatcaller, Nov 18, 2003.

What is the best and why?

1. Ford?

14 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Chevy?

13 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. Dodge?

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  1. meatcaller

meatcaller Senior Refuge Member

Which is the best?

2. meatcaller

My gas chevy will take any stock dodge or ford, guarntee!!!! But that is gas. Lets hear your oppinionns?????

3. CopenKlayton

CopenKlayton Senior Refuge Member

I have a 1964 chevy 3/4 ton stepside. I got this truck from my grandpa after it sat for 14 years. All i had to do to it was change the oil, replace the fuel line, put new gas in it, and replace the spark plugs, and it started right up. Chevy makes the most dependable truck not the road. A machanic friend of mine has also to me that he prefures to work and them because of how much better they are made compared to fords and dodges.:) :)

4. hunting4food

hunting4food Senior Refuge Member

Here we go again!

How come you Dodge and Chevy boys always have to ask what's the better truck?:rolleyes:

All of us who drive Fords don't have to justify it. We already know we drive the best trucks!:D

5. standupryder

standupryder Refuge Member

I had an 89 Cummins 3/4 ton. Had 280,000 miles on it when I traded it in and STILL got $4500 trade... My next vehicle will be a 3/4 or 1 ton Dodge quad cab 6 speed, when I can afford it.

I like the fact that the Cummins 5.9 has been around forever, and is very underpowered in the configuration it goes into the Dodge. How many other vehicles have used the Powerstroke? My second choice (and the only choice in the 70's and 80's era for me) is the Chevy with a 350 or a 454. Can't beat the reliability and ease (not to mention cheap parts) of working on them.

6. Pit Boy

Pit Boy Senior Refuge Member

H4F said it perfectly:l :l :l Us Ford owners know what we own, THE BEST. My 1 ton PowerStroke got us to Canada and back with grace, it is my truck of choice...

7. H2OfowlCOMDr

H2OfowlCOMDr Senior Refuge Member

Between the tips of their toes, and the ground ben
    Hey Cope.... how come last saturday when Kurt and I were out in the field hunting i kept getting callls from you asking me to come pick you up because your chevy cant start??? hmm? oh its old, wheres the reliability in that?? haha maybe when you get a real chevy up here after thanksgiving you can be the one doing all the dern driving, cause finally youll have a decent enough vehicle to get us around, oh and for gas HA no money comin outta these pockets.... haha taker easy:nutz
    ~COMDr

8. Boss Dog

Boss Dog Refuge Member

As far as Diesel's go I have to go with the Chevy. I think the Ford's have more low end torque but almost too much. They have ripped a few tranies out as a result of too much torque. Dodge's have had too many problems with the tranies as well.

CHEVY - Extremely Quiet, Great Power, and by far the smoothest riding truck I have ever been in.

9. CopenKlayton

CopenKlayton Senior Refuge Member

Im a chevy guy but i got some good saying for all of them
    Fix Or Repair Daily
    Found On Road Dead
    First On Race Day

I'd rather be cummin than strokin

Can Hear Every Valve Rattle On Long Extended Trips- I hate to rip on Chevy's but this is a good one

COMDr- Its called a carb, and when it is below freezing and you dont drive your truck for a week and dont have any starter fluid to put in it, it takes a while to start. And are you trying to say your Toyota is better than my Chevy? Who can tow more and who has more HP? Just wait till i put my Suburban in your ***.

10. meatcaller

:l :l Wilson, ya got a point!!! Klays truck never starts:l :l
    Klay whats the good of all the horses if the truck never makes it to the field.:D
    Score Board-
    Wils Toyota: 35 trips to the old roost pond
    Klays Chevy: 0
    Still a pretty little truck ya got:nutz