Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Forest Service Illegally Authorized Helicopter Intrusions in Premiere Wilderness Area

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by sdkidaho, Jan 20, 2017.

1. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho Moderator Flyway Manager

Court Rules That Forest Service Illegally Authorized Helicopter Intrusions in Premiere Wilderness Area

Uh...:scratch I'm not sure how I feel about the outcome of this. The IDF&G and the Forest Service did something "illegally", yet the outcome would have been to remove wolves. I put illegally in quotes there because if there was an organization of the government that could allow helicopter landings in a wilderness area, wouldn't it be the Forest Service?? Yes, the answer is yes.

This looks to be people only concerned with no wolves being killed, rather than the bigger picture where ungulates are spared as well. I sure hope that we can do something about environmentalist groups that make their living off of suing the government. I grow weary of my tax dollars being spent to finance these people.

2. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

I dont get it either.
    Many of the wilderness areas have landing strips. the whole idea of absolutely no technology is bizarre.

3. ewwaterfowler

ewwaterfowler Refuge Member

It is all about judicial activism. I heard about a thing called wikileaks, maybe it would help us out here...