Four Rivers Project

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by moxofmallards, Jun 22, 2009.

1. GMAC

GMAC Senior Refuge Member

Really? You just busted on him because he spent a few hundred bucks trying something out? I bet you spent more than that on a $20 DU print.. Come on admit it...:l

2. jdbuckshot

jdbuckshot Senior Refuge Member

Low end torque is what pushes the long tails we are custom to using,

how ever, the longtail has not been "engineered out" there still some things that can be done to greatly increase its performace.

check out what they are doing in thia land. notice the severly pitched props, and how they "pop" them in and out of the water. there boats are also pretty small. but theres alot that can be done to make a longtail even outrun a hopped up shortie.

remeber we are still using lawnmower engines

http://www.john-tom.com/Klong16/LongTail.html

3. umahunter

umahunter Elite Refuge Member

yup them boys got them suckers built for speed i love those races:tu:tu

4. Turn4fun

Turn4fun Senior Refuge Member

The difference is those racing longtails are NOT mud motors. Sure you can build a longtail that goes really fast but it needs a different type of prop. I suppose you could put a race engine and a race prop on a MM and make it go fast but then it becomes worthless as a duck boat motor. Kinda like hopping up a Honda Civic into a serious street racer and then trying to tow a house boat with it..........ain't gonna work too well. The point I'm trying to make is you can't take a prop that reaches maximum thrust at around 3500 RPM and expect it to push the boat faster by forcing it to turn 1500 more RPM. It won't push the boat any faster, it's just gonna cavitate. I'm not ripping on him for trying something that he didn't think through first, but the fact that he strung all these guys along for so long and then left them hanging suggests that he already tried it and learned this lesson the hard way. I'm just sayin....

5. TDK

TDK Elite Refuge Member

This thread is an epic fail!:mad:

6. drahthaarducker

drahthaarducker Elite Refuge Member

I hope the motor is an epic failure. The worst thing that can happen is he lives to see his grandkids.
    That boat wasn't built to plane!

7. noladucks

noladucks Senior Refuge Member

what about doing this same thing to one of the briggs air cooled outboards and running a 9.9 prop on it on a planing hull of some sort w a mini jackplate

8. moxofmallards

moxofmallards Senior Refuge Member

You guys all need to settle down. I'm still alive and well i had a day off and ran the boat it was kind of a rush job and there is still some time that i need to put in to give you guys a %100 review. All i can say right now is when i took this boat out bone stock to now with all the up grades is that there is a great improvement. With that being said by no means did i break the speed of light. I still have to tweak the jetting on the carb to get it fine tune for the up coming weather. Like i said though if you think that you are going to get an extra 10mph you crazy. Sorry this took so long but i have not found the time to play, work is finally crazy and not dead, I have to take when i can.

I hope to be in it in the next week.

Best of luck and God Speed.

Brandon

9. noladucks

noladucks Senior Refuge Member

how much speed do you think you picked up?

10. moxofmallards

moxofmallards Senior Refuge Member

I didn't have my GPS on me when i ran it so i couldn't give you an exacat number. But it depends on which prop i run. I ran the boat with both props. I'd say anywhere around 3-5mph.