Fowl Habit

Discussion in 'Arizona Flyway Forum' started by redheadcali, Sep 12, 2004.

1. redheadcali

redheadcali Elite Refuge Member

Well gang, old FOWL HABIT is just about ready for her fist shakedown. Plan taking her out to the lake early next week then it's off to the river for the weekend. It came out solid as a rock and i've been quite impressed wih the quality of the boat. Can't wait to take it out and beat it up just to see how it does.

Once again here is Fowl Habit in it's glory.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The chopper prop was holding me back from getting this thing out but is still on order. That there is a stainless mud prop, and one of the biggest i've ever seen.:nutz Still got some tinkering to tie it all together but you get the idea.

2. Widgnwhacker

Widgnwhacker Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Damn Bro,

That looks awesome, we still on for Friday? I want to see what that puppy is gonna do :yes

WW

3. redheadcali

I'll let you know tuesday for sure after the lake test. I plan being at the river between 9 and 10 friday morning. Can't wait myself!

4. Birdup

Birdup Moderator Moderator

Don't forget the GPS.

I'll start it going:p
    I say 54 mph with the mud prop:tu

Anyone else care to guess what the top speed of that monster is going to be?

5. Widgnwhacker

FULL THROTTLE :yes

WW

6. AzSprig

AzSprig Elite Refuge Member

GIDDYUP !!!!!!!!!!

7. JDK

JDK Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

Awesome boat and are those strait pipes coming off that motor? I bet Harley Davidson would be jealous from that rumble coming from that.:tu :yes and thanks for sharing your nice project with all of us hunters and also for making me drool.:D

8. Kurt

Kurt Senior Refuge Member

You'll have to mount a camo ski pylon on it!!!

Does it have reverse?

9. redheadcali

jk, it has stainless flowmaster mufflers in between. Still has a bit of a rumble but not to where you can't hear people talking next to you.

I'm not sure about skiing behind this thing. Even with the mud prop she kicks up a bit of a rooster.

Yes it has a hydraulic ZF hurst transmission with forward, neutral and reverse.

I took it to the lake yesterday for a shakedown run. Only had her out for a half hour or so but all signs looked go. I'm off for the river in the morning, hehaw! We'll break out the cameras and GPS's to get the numbers and the moment. Definatley has that big boat look and feel on the water. Got to get used to maneuvering her in tight quarters, she's a handful.

Get's kind of violent at full throttle, we'll let WW explain it with pics cause my hands are full when it's happening.

Finaly got the prop idea figured out. Were gonna make an adapter for my shaft to the 2 piece merc props. I've got friends with lots of these props readily available. Should have it ready by the start of the season.

10. Widgnwhacker

Yes sir, boat ride in the Fowl Habit tomorrow morning :yes
    Cali I will see ya at Duck Camp between 10:00 and 10:30, I will bring the camera for the photographic evidence. I will have the VHF on USA9, I will give you a holler when I get within range.
    See ya in the morning :tu

WW