FoxPro Spitfire?

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunters Forum' started by flypaper, May 6, 2015.

1. flypaper

flypaper Elite Refuge Member

I'm looking for a decent quality but reasonably priced electronic caller to use for crows and coyotes. I'm considering the FoxPro Spitfire and may add an additional speaker.
    Have any of you used this successfully? Likes/dislikes about this caller?

2. PrairieDream'n

PrairieDream'n Senior Refuge Member

I have one for crows mainly, really like it, however there is not as much adjustment in volume on the low end as I'd like, it gets loud pretty fast, but a great caller for the money. Only problem I've had is the remote can get a little temperamental when sending a new call selection to the caller, but its never been a huge issue. Good number of factory sounds, and you can go online and add pretty much an endless array of custom calling sequences for little to nothing, a lot of them are free to download. Good range on the remote too... I recommend it for a moderately priced caller, you get a lot for your money.

3. Layout101

Layout101 Elite Refuge Member

Had the Spitfire and the speaker started getting kind of scratchy sounding so I bought the Primos Alpha Dogg last fall for $199 from Rodgers and called in and shot seven coyotes over the winter with it.

Had lots of crows and two eagles come in to it also..easy to use and can be turned up loud as heck. I can sit it fifty yards further from me than the Spitfire and it has better speakers that I can turn any direction I want. So far I have been happy with the switch.