Franchi affinity....

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by negooseman, Nov 23, 2017.

1. dla

dla Senior Refuge Member

I usually wash mine out in the river/lake when it gets muddy - always seems to run fine. When I get home i make sure it dries out if I'm not going to clean it right away. The barrel lugs are what I focus on as they can get so gunked up that the action won't close completely.

2. killerv

killerv Senior Refuge Member

I have the 20ga youth, it will barely cycle high brass. My buddies full size 20ga affinity is the same. Contacted Franchi, they said you must put 300 round of heavy target loads through it to break it in. We did, still will only cycle the strong stuff. We have to shoot skeet as if its a single shot.

3. dla

dla Senior Refuge Member

Why not take advantage of your 7 yr warranty?

I can shoot wet-fart trap loads one-handed with my 20ga Affinity and it cycles fine. BTW, the height of the brass has nothing to do with the load.

Have you disassembled, cleaned and lubed it?

4. killerv

killerv Senior Refuge Member

I know the height brass of the brass has nothing to do with the load, its just a term us Ga rednecks use for strong loads.

Yes, completely dissembled, cleaned and lubed.

I'll probably send it in at some point, but its duck season now. Shouldn't have to send in a brand new gun. I'm a benelli man and knew I was going the cheap route by getting a franchi, but figured it would be a great starter gun for the kid. It bit me in the butt. You get what you pay for. Great feeling and swinging gun though. Heck, I shot a 21 out of 25 with it without the spacers, single shot of course....just trying to get more rounds through it to break in. Another issue with it, the mobile chokes it came with fit fine, but my aftermarket briley, comp-n-chock, and hs strut mobile chokes do not. Franchi swears up and down the version I have is the mobile choke version.

5. wingmatt

wingmatt Elite Refuge Member

My Carlson mobile chokes fit just fine on my Intensity. Something is strange .....

6. dla

dla Senior Refuge Member

Didnt know there was any other version.