Frantz Oil Filter ~ Clean oil

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by onjig, Aug 17, 2018.

1. onjig

onjig Senior Refuge Member

Greetings ~ I'm a Journeyman Mechanic ~ well I'm retired ``` Frantz use to sell his oil Filters ~ at Flee Markets ~ Installed for about $24 ~ that seemed like a lot ~ this was back in the 50s ~ I think ~ at the Rodium Drive in in Gardena ```

Over the years I've collected a few ~ they really do a good job ```

I'm not a spring chicken any more ~ anyway I have two daughters ~ I've put these filters on both their cars ~ Oldest daughter is 20 ~ we got a 1997 Suzuki Sidkick with a blown engine free ~ and I installed a used engine ~ with the help of a friend ~ I installed a Frantz that I had on the shelf ```
    Youngest daughter has a GMC Yukon ~ I put one on that as well ```

The oil remains clean of particles and honey looking ~ on both ~ didn't change the oil on ether when installing the filter and watched as the filter made the oil cleaner and cleaner ```

Just recently we did change the oil ~ To install "Mobil 1 in both cars ```

I really think it's worth the time of instillation ``` Oil stays clean never turns to mud as will happen after a while ```

I new corporation owns the Frantz today ~ they would like an arm and a leg for them now ~ but the filter can be gotten on Ebay or garage sales ~ Or ```

I've read and heard people talking against them ~ but they're wrong in all they say ```

Have you had any experience with this type of filter ~ what's you thoughts ```

2. onjig

With this filter many guys never change oil just change that filter ```

3. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

HUGE mistake.

4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I just assumed OP was LipShooters new troll account(?).

tcc likes this.
  5. onjig

Hey why so hostile ~ what's the problem ~ lost the bickie ```

Yes, Tuleman ~ I think multigrade oil should be changed at times ~ because of Shearing ```

6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

He isn't being hostile, he is being sarcastic. Lipshooter has a thread about longest time between oil changes.

7. onjig

Hi ~ Yeh I think that's the thread I read a while back ``` The longer you oil is run ~ the more suspended abrasive bits of this and that are being pressed against bushings, bearings, rings and valves stems ```

I remember a dolt who was made maintenance supervisor of Max Factor Plants ~ bragging how many miles he got out of a Chevy ~ in which he never changed oil or filter ~ what the fool didn't take into account was ~ How many miles could that Chevrolet have gone and still be going had it had it's tummy full of nice clean oil ```

Oil doesn't wear out it gets burned and/or contaminated ```

Anyway ~ there we have it ```

Thanks for coming by ~ glad to meet you ```

onjig

8. onjig

I put these filters on each of my girls cars ~ Well, I came into a 2001 Ford Lariat 4door 4WD ~ I moved a smaller windshield washer tank ~ just behind the grill to make room inside the engine compartment for the bypass filter I installed the filter where the washer tank had been ran the return line to the oil filler cap and ran the oil line around in front and above the radiator to a point above the spin on filter ~ yesterday daughter told me to come by her work ( younger rebuilds engine heads, grinds the valves, the valve seats ~ mills the head if needed ) interesting job for an 18 year old girl ) any way ~ we put the Ford on a lift and together we installed a Sandwich Adapter and connected the oil line ```
    This Ford has a Triton 5.4 engine ~ you may know the need, dire need for clean oil is paramount for engine live ~ along with a couple other pattern failures ~ they can be long lasting engines ~ I'll show pictures when I get back to the upper ranch ~ (I have the ford with me but not a camera) now as I drive I can feel it cleaning the oil ```