Frantz Oil Filter ~ Clean oil

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by onjig, Aug 17, 2018.

1. onjig

onjig Senior Refuge Member

Greetings ~ I'm a Journeyman Mechanic ~ well I'm retired ``` Frantz use to sell his oil Filters ~ at Flee Markets ~ Installed for about $24 ~ that seemed like a lot ~ this was back in the 50s ~ I think ~ at the Rodium Drive in in Gardena ```

Over the years I've collected a few ~ they really do a good job ```

I'm not a spring chicken any more ~ anyway I have two daughters ~ I've put these filters on both their cars ~ Oldest daughter is 20 ~ we got a 1997 Suzuki Sidkick with a blown engine free ~ and I installed a used engine ~ with the help of a friend ~ I installed a Frantz that I had on the shelf ```
    Youngest daughter has a GMC Yukon ~ I put one on that as well ```

The oil remains clean of particles and honey looking ~ on both ~ didn't change the oil on ether when installing the filter and watched as the filter made the oil cleaner and cleaner ```

Just recently we did change the oil ~ To install "Mobil 1 in both cars ```

I really think it's worth the time of instillation ``` Oil stays clean never turns to mud as will happen after a while ```

I new corporation owns the Frantz today ~ they would like an arm and a leg for them now ~ but the filter can be gotten on Ebay or garage sales ~ Or ```

I've read and heard people talking against them ~ but they're wrong in all they say ```

Have you had any experience with this type of filter ~ what's you thoughts ```

2. onjig

With this filter many guys never change oil just change that filter ```

3. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

HUGE mistake.

4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I just assumed OP was LipShooters new troll account(?).

tcc likes this.
  5. onjig

Hey why so hostile ~ what's the problem ~ lost the bickie ```

Yes, Tuleman ~ I think multigrade oil should be changed at times ~ because of Shearing ```

6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

He isn't being hostile, he is being sarcastic. Lipshooter has a thread about longest time between oil changes.

7. onjig

Hi ~ Yeh I think that's the thread I read a while back ``` The longer you oil is run ~ the more suspended abrasive bits of this and that are being pressed against bushings, bearings, rings and valves stems ```

I remember a dolt who was made maintenance supervisor of Max Factor Plants ~ bragging how many miles he got out of a Chevy ~ in which he never changed oil or filter ~ what the fool didn't take into account was ~ How many miles could that Chevrolet have gone and still be going had it had it's tummy full of nice clean oil ```

Oil doesn't wear out it gets burned and/or contaminated ```

Anyway ~ there we have it ```

Thanks for coming by ~ glad to meet you ```

onjig