Fred Bear Element Adjustment?

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by Duckin Around, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Duckin Around

Duckin Around Senior Refuge Member

Guys,

I do not currently own a bow, but have been looking at getting one. I have found a used Fred Bear Element that has a draw length of 29 inches. I need a 31 inch draw length. The bow is priced right, but is the draw length adjustable up to 31 on that bow?

Thanks for any info on this, I am new to the sport and any basic info will help:tu

2. Duckologist

Duckologist Elite Refuge Member

Are you an orangutain??

3. Duckin Around

Nope, just a tall drink of water:)

4. huntinkid

huntinkid Elite Refuge Member

Somewhere on the bow, typically at the base of one of the limbs, there will be a little sticker with the bows specs on it. It will tell you how far the bow will adjust.

5. Duckin Around

I ended up finding an old spec sheet on it that says the draw length range is 24-31. It is set now at 29. Is it a major deal to change it to 31, will I need a new cam or anything.

Thanks, probably annoying questions, but I'm just starting out.

6. wingmastr23

wingmastr23 Elite Refuge Member

Looks like you have to change out the module.

If I were you I would be looking at a longer bow....The size of that bow is too close to your draw length.....31 inches. You will get severe nock pinch.

7. Duckin Around

Jon,

Thanks for the info, can you elaborate on the nock pinch? I assume you are saying that the angle of the string at a 31" draw will pinch the nock, causing flight problems at release. But why would it have a draw length range up to 31" if that was the case? How big of a problem is it, and would there be any way to alleviate it with this particular bow?

Thanks again, sorry for all of the beginner questions:confused:

8. SwampDog12

SwampDog12 Senior Refuge Member

Just take it to a bow shop and have it adjusted. It really depends on the bow. Some you have to buy cams to fit your draw length or modules as was said earlier. This is what I have to do with my Elite. I used to have an element and they can adjust it for you. 31 is going to be around the normal max on most bows there might be some nock pinch but if you use a release and d loop it will help out some.

9. SwampDog12

SwampDog12 Senior Refuge Member

I just remembered I believe on the cams on the element you can adjust them to your length as needed I dont think you will need modules but you might check before buying. That is the reason it says 24-31. All your going to get out of that long draw length is more fps.

10. hillbillyhunter

hillbillyhunter Elite Refuge Member

put a string loop on and shoot it with a release and you might get away with the 29in draw.