Fred Bear Vapor 300

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by bozlee, Jun 15, 2005.

1. bozlee

bozlee Senior Refuge Member

I've been looking in the Cabela's catalog at compound bows and this bow caught my eye. It caught my eye for a couple of reasons, mainly price and also the Fred Bear name. I would like to know any information that you all have on these bows. I am just beginning. one of the draw backs to the Fred Bear bow is that there is no one near me that sales them so it might be hard to fix it if it breaks some how. Let me know what you think.

2. Bowhunter57

Bowhunter57 Senior Refuge Member

bozlee,
    Hopefully, you'll never need the service portion of any bow you purchase, but it's nice to know that they're there if you need them. ;)

The best information I can give you about purchasing any bow, is to physically put your hands on as many as you can and shoot them too. Like shotguns, the "fit and feel" is very important with archery equipment.

Odd that you should post a thread about this bow, as I was just reading my new issue of Bowhunt America and there's an advertisement in there about that particular bow. :) I may have to make a trip to Cabelas to take a first hand look at them myself. :yes

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

3. Red

Red Senior Refuge Member

Not bad but...

That bow uses a draw length adjustment that is on a brass clamp inside the cam. To move it you slide the clamp along the track in the cam and tighten it back down. Its fairly common for the clamp to slide on its own changing your draw wieght and length in the process. It may never be an issue but its a poor design.

I would find a GOOD dealer in your area and let them fit you for a bow. Eye dominance and draw length are two things that must be checked. It may cost a little more at first but the help and info a good shop can give you is priceless.

4. MT H2OFowl

MT H2OFowl Senior Refuge Member

That is the bow I shoot. It was actually given to me. I haven't had any problem with draw length. I started out with a bunch of cheap sights, quiver, rest. Bow was loud and not a joy to shoot. This spring I put a new vital bow gear proslide sight, shakey hunter rest, and a soft loc quiver on it. Also added 1 limbsaver modular stabilizer with a limbsaver s-coil screwed into it. Switched to 4-fletched carbon arrows, and now things have changed. It is much quieter, and I am shooting REALLY WELL. I have never had so many arrows touching arrows in the target, This is all within 500-700 shots. I haven't "robin hooded" one yet, and at the price of carbons, don't know if I want to. Montana added some kind of exise tax on Archery equipment and took the price of a doz carbon express terminators to 120.00.

5. UNCC Grad

UNCC Grad Elite Refuge Member

I shoot an FB Epic Extreme and have had zero probelms with the bow, epecially shifting draw weight or length. I've shot Matthews and Hoyts and frankly I don't see where the extra $100-200 is (slips into flamesuit). NAAG is the owners of Bear, Fred Bear, Buckmasters, Satellite, Golden Eagle, etc. and there service is A-1. I called them about losing the compass out of the grip (not that I wanted it in the first place, but it interfered with my grip) and they sent out an entire new grip at their cost.

If you can get a good deal on it, I'd say jump on it. The NAAG bows are solid performers if you don't want to break the bank.