Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Freelance hunting

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by Duncan, Dec 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeathK

HeathK Senior Refuge Member

But it is exactly that; why call it anything else? The problems that we see in Manitoba are not from NR's from Alberta or Nova Scotia, they are the American NR Freelancers. Why the trepidation in calling it anything other than what it is???

2. Band Buster

Band Buster Elite Refuge Member

I got the pm form heathk. Not to come hunt but a little publication on our county parks. Heath k thank you for felling sorry for me. Really save it!!!! I found it funny that you decided to pm me and not everyone else. Why do I findthat funny you ask? I basically wrote my response to youand a couple others on here but mostly you. Your words make you sound like an AMERICAN HATING KNOW IT ALL!!! Not just in this thread but some others I have read in the past. REM CHOKE I ment what i said. If you want to come down I would love to try and show you a good time. It will be a little different than what your used to but hopefully fun. If you come you can report to heathk on how sorry he should feel for me.:rolleyes: heathk please no more pm's about what you think, I really dont care what a hater thinks. Thanks BB

3. havenhunter

havenhunter Elite Refuge Member

He feels sorry for you too huh?:rolleyes: :sp I think I got the same pm! I happen to agree with what he is saying but the way he presents his views need some work IMO.

4. SeniorCoot

SeniorCoot Elite Refuge Member

As for non res duck take- I've hunted in MB 5 times in the past 6 yrs since moving to America from Alaska- 4 with an outfitter and once with a buddy from Winnipeg- I don't remember exactly but it seems to me that my wife and I came home with 23 geese and 32 ducks on eyear but the other 3 guided hunts -we had 6-10 geese total and around 24 ducks- and we were happy as clams-the one unguided hunt was late in the season and ducks had flown- results ZERO birds BUT we had a great time-
    Ain't ever the number of ducks/geese shot in my book I love the hunt- the travel- the out doors etc- Being retired i spend maybe 200 days a year hunting or fishing and hope to do so for a few more years.

5. oldducknut

oldducknut Elite Refuge Member

The issue for me is not geography its moronaphy. We have a few outfitters here and plenty of space for free lancing and are relatively content with the way things are. In fact, for example this year 3 resident Nova Scotians were charged with killing 3 endangered Upland Moose here in Nova Scotia. My scorn is not reserved for visitors alone. I don't care what flag you sleep under, as long as when you come to my ocean playground you are not acting like a moron.:cool:

6. Band Buster

Band Buster Elite Refuge Member

OLDDUCKNUT- Thank you! That would be all I would ask for. A fair chance to hunt and prove that I and maybe a friend are not slobs. I hunted in Maine I think I shot 3 ducks. Not alot of shooting but a real nice experience! Thats what it is all about to me. The ducks and geese are definitly a bonus though:tu

7. mlhunter

mlhunter Elite Refuge Member

I've only hunted in Canada once. The farmers and all the people were wonderful. We were only turned down once, it was because another US hunter asked first. We stayed at the local motel and ate at restaurants for every meal. We offered cleaned birds for any farmer. We didn't break any game laws either. I hope to return to Canada soon. I hear stories of Canadian farmers not letting Americans hunt because of the beef import issue. I hope the import changes.

8. oldducknut

oldducknut Elite Refuge Member

Done to death-time to move on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.