Full Bodies Vs Silos

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by Troller, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Troller

Troller Senior Refuge Member

I am a newbie looking for a good thread on Full Bodies Vs Silos.

Anyone remember any good ones? Maybe I should good better with the search function? Lol.

Thanks in Advance.

Hunter_r925 likes this.
  2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

People kill lots of birds over both. It is a matter of how you hunt, how much you have to pack in, or if you drive in. That, and money.

3. joecitrano

joecitrano Senior Refuge Member

I have lots of both n like them both. They each have a time and place.

4. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

I've seen hunts where silos did better than full bodies, probably due to the illusion of movement as the birds fly past the spread. It you have to walk into the field any distance, then it is a no brainer. I can pack a hundred silos into my layout blind and carry it out with all my gear on one trip. Can't do that with full bodies.

5. kaiserduckhelm

kaiserduckhelm Senior Refuge Member

We sold all of our full bodies and run silos now. No regrets. Going to add some sleeper shells for sandbar and ice hunts and some silosocks for field hunting. We don't goose hunt cornfields much anymore but if we do I like hunting them in the snow or some kind of precip, that where silos win hands down.

6. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

I've used silos for many decades now & also like mixing them often times with shells.
    I do also have some dandy full bodies and they too look great, but they're not very
    versatile. Silos are THE most versatile, IMO. They look good, move some in a wind, easy to store, easy to haul out to the blind site, give the illusion of movement etc.
    Oh----cheaper than most full bodies.

Ringbill

7. Troller

Troller Senior Refuge Member

I am a newbie to the site, but been chasing game for sometime. I have been running a mix of shells and full bodies, but have never tried silos. It just does not seem natural to me, but it does not have to, lol. I will be trying these out next year.

Do you think it hurts to mix and match?

8. joecitrano

joecitrano Senior Refuge Member

Funny when geese land in junkyard ( black n white plywood silos) n toll right on by the fancy full bodies.u find myself running fewer full bodies each year

9. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Hello Troller and welcome to the Refuge----you'll get informed and enjoy being in here!I agree with you too----when I first saw silo decoys many decades ago, I thought they
    "looked terrible"---Too Skinny! How could geese & ducks not figure that out?
    Well, I've learned that they love those decoys and because of being thin, they give the illusion of movement as the birds fly around the set. Try them and I think you'll see what I mean and like them.

Ringbill

10. Mr_Mallard

Mr_Mallard Senior Refuge Member

I just sold my full bodys and bought ten dozen dive bomb silo's and ive been a full body decoy guy for years trailer the whole set up