Full body VS silos or using both together.

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Easterncanadafowler, Sep 11, 2017.

1. ArmChair Biologist

ArmChair Biologist Senior Refuge Member

I wouldn't worry too much about geese short stopping your spread, especially if you run your silos furthest upwind. I'll consistently string fullbodys downwind 100 yards from where I'm hiding. sometimes even further and I almost never have birds shortstop me. In fact I can't remember the last time that happened. You can usually pull them up with your calling and they almost always want to land in the silos or right next to them.

Try running this spread. If you can, always have the sun to your back. If you can't set up your blinds with the sun at your back, set your blinds on the side that favors the way most of the guys in your group swing. Since I'm assuming most of your hunting group is right handed, you would set up so you would take shots swinging to your left. Since that's easier for right handed shooters. That is a secondary consideration however. Always pick the side that has the sun to your back if that's possible.

Also, spread out your silos so they're 6-10 feet apart in one mass. Make sure they're facing different directions. Try this out, I wouldn't be surprised if you shot more geese.
    DSCN0691.JPG

mazenblue likes this.
  2. Easterncanadafowler

Easterncanadafowler Refuge Member

That is great.We have 40 Full bodies.27 real geese silos and am looking hard at another 24 of big Als silo's i think they are called X 14 active pack.
    We usually have 4 blinds.Would you give me an aprox. distance from the blinds to the other groups and some numbers.I am still trying to learn how to get more birds. We usually just go out at the beginning of the season and some days we limit and some days we struggle.The guys i took last weekend did not shoot well.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017