Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Full body Vs. Windsock

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Mallardman92, Feb 10, 2010.

1. fowlhunter7

fowlhunter7 New Member

Actually Fullbodies wouldn't have made that a train wreck in those conditions imo. The sun is so important for getting em in close. Not just the fullbodies. Obviously all these guys in the F5 video think so to. They say it countless times throughout the video and they are hunting over "fullbodies". Unless every time they say it in the video is when they are hunting over silosocks like this clip but I doubt they hunt over them that much.

2. DiverMike

DiverMike Refuge Member

Some of the Avery Decoys have paint issues

3. Clark Griswald

Clark Griswald Elite Refuge Member

Every time I have seen there spreads they have always been fullbodies throughout the past few years....including last. I did hear a rumor they did by some silosocks but after hunting them...decided they didn't work as well.
    I would still rather hunt over fullbodies any day!

4. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE Elite Refuge Member

If you go with a entire Sillosock or Windsock spread and you run into consective days of rain or snow you are screwed! As far as time, sillocsocks take forever to clean and dry, full bodies much quicker.

5. CNWD

CNWD Senior Refuge Member

Then the next question is would you be able to get you FB's in and out of the field with all of that rain or snow?

This is has been beat to death so many times...... it is up to the individual no different then what truck you drive... in the end who cares be happy pull the trigger and put the hurt on some snows....:D:yes:sp

6. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE Elite Refuge Member

CNWD,

All I'm saying is when you go straight anything you are limiting yourself. As you know, early Oct last year in most of Sask was a wet mess if you hunted over straight sillos.

If you have the coin, get as many sillos, full bodys and floaters as you can afford.

7. SNOWSNBLUES

SNOWSNBLUES Senior Refuge Member

I've hunted over both, quite a bit over the years. As previously mentioned, both have advantages/disadvantages. If mud/field access were never a problem. I'd take the full bodies every time. That being said, it would be dam nice to have 6-800 windsocks/sillosocks for a backup plan when it's really muddy/wet. It would also be nice not to have to pull a huge trailer around as well. Bottom line is you gotta use what works best for you. Both will kill plenty of birds at times, if you do things right.

8. ColoDuk

ColoDuk Elite Refuge Member

Perfect thread for this!!!

Man, snow goose hunters have more drama and crying then a group of high school girls!!!

Everyone go get some tampons and stop getting your panties all bunched up!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. jgat

jgat Refuge Member

Looks like they didn't even make it to March 1st. Whats the scoop Shootem?

10. CNWD

CNWD Senior Refuge Member

I am curious too???