Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Full body Vs. Windsock

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Mallardman92, Feb 10, 2010.

1. h2ofwlr

h2ofwlr Elite Refuge Member

2. J.D. West

J.D. West Senior Refuge Member

Did you mean March 1st? :l

3. Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee Elite Refuge Member

4. Ikillfowl

Ikillfowl Senior Refuge Member

.....Waits for explanation about new secret sponsor that anyone who follows the waterfowl industry will know about.

5. Josh Michaelis

Josh Michaelis Elite Refuge Member

I take everything I said back, I am so tired of packing fullbodies in the mud, I am gonna buy a sock spread too.....MO mud is ridiculous this season

6. Performance Calls

Performance Calls Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

This is the EXACT reason I have both spreads in my trailor. I love getting the birds 15 yards closer with fullbodies but I am not going to break my back packing them in if it is to muddy to get a wheeler in.

In this scenario I grab my 600 SS and set out as many as I can.

7. Geez n Quackers

Geez n Quackers Senior Refuge Member

100% with you on that!

8. JAnglin

JAnglin Elite Refuge Member

Maybe Flambeau could engineer something like this....a Convert-O-Snow. A decoy that folds up like a sock for ease of transportation and then with an electrical charge puffs out like a full body! When the rain or snow hits it the water vaporizes instantly because of the charge so you don't have to worry about ice fouling and bag damage!! If it's windy and you want more movement then you can hit the breaker switch and let them blow around like socks!!

AND, if you get the floater kit you can add the additional convenience of using them as floaters!!!! (Purchased together in an ULTIMATE TRIPLE THREAT ATTACK PACK, you save $18 unless you buy at Roger's and then it's like an $80 savings!).

All you have to do to tear down is hit the breaker switch and wind the wires up. The decoy will "deflate" and fold up like a sock. They are light, durable and of course the MOST realistic looking decoy on the market. :bow:eek::tu

9. BFG

BFG Senior Refuge Member

Hunted over 700 silosocks and 200+ fullbodies in the same spread last week in MoMo and had to move the entire spread about 150 yards (sorta "flipped it") because of a wind change.

It took 8 guys about 20 mins to move the 700 silosocks. Took those same 8 guys about an hour to move the 200 fullbodies. Twice as long to move 1/3 the decoys. When the birds came in...they didn't favor one side of the spread over the other.

Guide told us it took him 6.5 hours to set up himself. Egads...

We hunted over a Deadly Decoy spread w/ vortex and flappers and some sort of styrofoam spastic snow goose on a pole thing and shot a bunch too.

I think like everything else, whatever fits your wallet, time, and puts birds on the ground for you is what you will run...no matter what any video may or may not say.

Having done this now, I firmly am convinced that location, location, location is the #1 factor in killing snows.