Taxidermy Forum Sponsors

Full limit dead mount....

Discussion in 'Taxidermy Forum' started by GCBLKLAB, Sep 13, 2009.

1. mike miller

mike miller Elite Refuge Member

:clap:bow:eek::bow:clap

2. 10TAKUM

10TAKUM Senior Refuge Member

very nice work.:bow

3. big

big Senior Refuge Member

Thats awsome work.

4. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Mallards are my favorite duck to shoot, but the last bird I would want on the wall.

I have to say that I have just had a change of opinion... That is simply awsome, and gives me warm memories of hunting with my grandfather when I was younger.

I have to say, that I really liked the contrast of the hanging sprig and mallard together. And that teal really put the finishing touches on for me (as sprig and greenwings were the main birds I shot with my grandfather).

The old decoys and shell boxes are outstanding as well. It truly gives me the feeling of nostalgia. That piece right there, describes what hunting is all about for me.

5. goetler

goetler Senior Refuge Member

That is one of the best looking mounts I have ever seen! It brought back memories of my first dog. they say you only have one really great dog and that is what I had too with my first one. Now I will have to start a collection of items to do a mount like yours. I have my grandpas old single shot 12 that I am going to try to shoot a limit of birds one of these falls and maybe I will get some nice birds for something similiar to your dead-mount.

6. speckle feet

speckle feet Senior Refuge Member

that work is truely amazing.. Great work, love it

7. black brant

black brant Senior Refuge Member

Great job! Any waterfowl hunter would be proud to have that in their collection. Ed

8. herm528

herm528 Senior Refuge Member

I don't know if this is one of those moments of things happening for a reason, but I saw this post today on the California forum and checked it out. On Monday, I have scheduled to respectfully and humanely say farewell to my chocolate lab and hunting partner of 9 years, Dustin's Lucky Penny. Seeing this work of art and the amount of time dedicated to creating it, has reminded me to not focus on the loss, but rather the memories of every retrieve, lick and head on the lap snoozes our pups ever did. This piece only demonstrates just how much these companions mean to us. Sincerely, thank you for sharing this piece. It has made a big difference with my attitude and anxiety about Monday. I have to say though, I choked up a bit when reading about the timing and meaning of adding the collar.

9. Doemsomedamage

Doemsomedamage Elite Refuge Member

Dam that's pretty:)

Nice work all around:tu:tu:clap

10. WildCanuck

WildCanuck Elite Refuge Member

great mounts!!!!
    WildCanuck