Fully Flocked Full Bodies

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Langford, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Action

Action Elite Refuge Member

I have been a DSD guy for 10 years and have only had positive experiences with them and still feel they have a awesome product. I have been admiring the Avian X products and switched my water spread to them two years ago. Currently running 10 dozen consisting of mallards, gadwall, pintail and Widgeon. Since the switch I have been looking over their goose decoys and finally made the addition of 10 dozen fully flocked lessers which I never ran before or seen in person. Looking forward to getting them in the field next year.

2. EWUEagles

EWUEagles Senior Refuge Member

Are you going to double bag your new avian's? I just ordered a dozen and not sure if I should get single bags for them or just keep them in the avian bags they come in.

3. Action

I will be double bagging them and more than likely going to 12 slot bags instead of using the 6 that come with them.

4. EWUEagles

Now the follow up question, what are you using for the individual bag? I have used pillow cases in the past for flocked ducks but not sure those are the best for geese.

5. Action

I am working on a bag a friend from Portland gets from a cleaner. Really nice and similar to DSD's but less money since their is not a logo. For now I will just use the plastic bag the decoys came in.

6. J Fromm

J Fromm Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Trash compactor bags work very well.

7. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member

8. EWUEagles

9. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member

Not sure what size you would need, I bag all my Exteme Dakotas in these. LB 1 is the size I buy but they are bigger than what you would need. Not sure about the DSD bags as I have never had their bags. My bags are nylon but I think you can buy cotton ones you will have to take a look.

10. EWUEagles

I was hoping they weren't cotton. I hate using cotton because they soak up so much water. Good to know that these are nylon. I will have to order some. Thank you!