Fun Run in West TN @ "Boat Hell" - Tigrett - Jun 24th & 25th

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by cutt-down, May 22, 2006.

1. UT Greenhead

UT Greenhead Senior Refuge Member

While I'd love for you to come run the Tig with us I must say I hope Alcoa strikes come June 1, since we're a direct competitor of them. Most everything we're hearing is the Union will strike if the Company doesn't concede health care cost.

You are correct. We've already talked about the price situation if they do in fact strike. Let me say this, if you're thinking about buying a boat.........YOU'VE GOT ABOUT 2 MONTHS BEFORE MILL PRICES ARE REFLECTED BY END USERS. So, if they strike you better get on the horn and get that sucker ordered. If you buy from a manufacturer that orders material on a "as needed basis" you're already in trouble. The prices of boats will increase by 30-50% within 3 months if Alcoa strikes. Mark it, write it, take a picture of it........I don't care. It will happen.

Not to mention airplane build rates are up 30% this year (expected to rise higher over the next four years) one more thing that's forcing aluminum prices to rise: Alcoa Russia has had to recall 400,000 metric tons of aluminum due to a HT problem. This is causing a shortage in material so customers are having a "war" trying to get good material. This in turn has allowed some aluminum mills to raise their prices a little.;)

2. markethunter

markethunter Elite Refuge Member

Troof.

It hasn't been pretty.....and it's looking like it's going to get worse...:rolleyes:

3. duckthis

duckthis Senior Refuge Member

Just take you some Antacid and it will be ok:l

4. duckthis

duckthis Senior Refuge Member

Yea, he can stay in the Barn.
    The Horses need some company.

The Silver Bullet(Airstream), will not be back in time.

5. markethunter

markethunter Elite Refuge Member

Is there a Chili's I can take Duckman Dan to for lunch?

6. cutt-down

cutt-down Banned

:l Nope, but there's an Applebee's that's just about the same. :yes BTW, we going to Abe's Rib Eye Barn. Now that's good. ;)

7. Chester - TN

Chester - TN Elite Refuge Member

How did it go ????????

8. cutt-down

cutt-down Banned

Well, water was waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too high after 8+/- inches of rain the weekend before. Not too challenging & certainly not deserving of it's name, "boat hell". When the water's at normal level we'll try to have one again. Had a good time & enjoyed the company. Lotsa water to run but no shallows. :mad: It was still fun though.

9. Mud Doctor

Mud Doctor Elite Refuge Member

Where ever there is water, there is shallow water. Guaranteed. :nutz

Stuff happens. We were very lucky last spring in LA, best conditions I have ever seen. I understand it may never happen again.

Good luck next year. Sounds like you have a fun place to run.

10. cutt-down

cutt-down Banned

You don't understand the topography of this place. It's bordered on one side by a river levee & the others by private land. Mostly levee locked. We did find some shallow water in a cotton field but it wasn't much. Only about 300 yds long & 30 yds wide. Not too much room for boats to be running full throttle & sliding. :no Still had fun though. It's the most challenging place I've ever run at normal pool.