Fun season.

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting Forum' started by TooTall, Nov 14, 2013.

1. TooTall

TooTall Elite Refuge Member

It's been a really fun season. Shot a doe opening day to put some meat in the freezer. Then, we got some cold weather during the pre-rut period that got the bucks on their feet during daylight hours.

Missed a big 9 pointer last Friday evening. He was chasing a doe and I guess I just got excited. Missed him 3 times! Watched him chase the doe around the field after I ran out of slugs so I knew it was a clean miss.

Saturday afternoon I got in the stand after duck hunting and had bucks running around almost immediately. Passed on a small eight before I grunted this buck in. He was ready to tear into whoever was running around in his cutover.

My biggest buck to date.
    [​IMG]

Took off work yesterday and hunted most of the day. It was really windy (gusting 40+ mph) until around 2:00 pm. As soon as it started to lay down, the deer were hitting the bean fields. Passed on two bucks and saw two does before this guy stepped out right at dark. Shot him right where I missed the nine pointer last week. 160 with the slug gun, put him on the ground.
    [​IMG]

Now I've got plenty of deer meat to process. And the freezer at the club is full of bone!
    [​IMG]

2. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

Congrats, pretty nice season there so far!

Doug

3. minminn

minminn Elite Refuge Member

Black Mamba doin work!!
    Congratz!!