Fundraiser for Bender

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by Birdtaxidermy, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Birdtaxidermy

Birdtaxidermy Elite Refuge Member

Many of you have read my earlier post about Bender and the situation with his daughter (Lillianne Mae). I am very thankful for all the replies and prayers being sent their way. Many people have contacted me in regards as what they could do to help if anything. After, I posted the thread I was contacted by a good friend and client of mine asking if I would help him organize an auction of items and services donated by those in the waterfowl community. We figured this would be the best route to go for those who wanted to show their support.
    So far I have been amazed with how gracious those that I and Matt Masters have contacted andbeen contacted by. I am posting this thread for those who may want to donate an item or service of their choice to be auctioned off and all proceeds will go directly to the family in their time of need and support.
    If you wish to donate an item or service that is waterfowl or hunting related please contact Matt Masters via private message on the board, username MASTERS. He will be handling organizing all items and services that are donated. I am going to allow a two week time frame once this thread has started for those who are donating to get in touch with him and organize the handling of the items. Once we have everything in place we will start a public auction on the Divers and Taxidermy Forums, rules and details will be posted once the auction items are posted. Again, I cannot thank those enough who have donated for this cause and please continue to keep Bender and his family in your prayers.
    We will have a sticky post placed on the forum with the items and a description of how it will be done. If you have a private donation we will accept those as well. Being self employed, I know how it can be when your focus is on something more important than work. Derek shares the same passion for what he does as many of us in this lifestyle of waterfowling.

2. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

Shane, I don't mean to hijack your thread but i wanted to give you the following: Bender is a member and sponsor of the United Waterfowlers of Florida (feel free for anyone to look at our site through a google search)

Some of the guys there are organizing an auction as well. It may b enifit everyone to cordinate the efforts.

Please contact Billy (CunCrt) at 219 808 7701 - Let him know I got ahold of you for it or anyone else that reads this. I forget his name here but he is the one that made the afflect foamer over on the decoy forums too... Great guy.

Bender is a fantastic guy. Hard working and very talented. Having a child that spent the first few weeks in the hospital and loosing her twin in the process, I understand how fast the bills and the stress can pile up.

I dont have much but what i do have will be given to help out others anytime I can.

Best to all and here's to Lilli and a fast recovery!

God is good !

Nash

3. MASTERS

MASTERS Senior Refuge Member

Waterfowl Fool,

Thanks for the info., Bill had contacted us and has been very gracious with helping out. I will follow up with him and so we can all be on the same page.

And for those wanting to donate please PM your items or services. If you are wanting to make a private doantion the time to do that will be during the auction time, we still got to iran out a few minor details.

Again, I cannot thank everyone enough for praying for this family and those who have been willing to donate that we have been in touch with.

4. Pitboss

Pitboss Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

Shane... Matt has contact me also and i'll help out how ever i can!

jeff

5. cuncrt

cuncrt Elite Refuge Member

Jack, thank you for the kind words.

However, i beleive there is a misunderstanding. The Refuge Auction was the one i was speaking of earlier. As far as i know, nobody on UWF has gotten the ball rolling in regards to a seperate auction. if you hear otherwise, please let me know and i will do what i can to help out in that auction as well.

on a side note - i am donating a few of the whislter decoys that you like to be auctioned off, so make sure to keep that credit card handy :)

6. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Masters, donation PM sent.

7. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

Get ahold of Billy D. - It's on the members side / board threads, I thought you were Involved at least Dawton thought you were?

8. MASTERS

MASTERS Senior Refuge Member

I had a good conversation with Bender last week, and things are looking positive. Lilly is responding well to her treatments, and based from the pics of her and what Bender told me she is one tough lil girl. They still have a long road to travel, but the thoughts, prayers, and modern day medicine can do wonders.

Also, I cannot begin to thank those who have donated and item or service to help raise money for the family. For those who might want to still donate an item or service please contact me via Private Message so I can get all the information needed. Again, private donations will be accepted for those who might not be interested in bidding on any of the items or services. I will post a link up for this once the auction starts.

Again, thanks to everyone involved and continue to keep the family in your thoughts and prayers.

9. Bender

Bender Elite Refuge Member

Big thanks to all the Folks offering up support, and kindness for my little Girl, and Family. I'm sitting in the Pre-Op waiting room now, and my Wife & I have basically been living at the Hospital for the past month. Things are going as well as we can hope for, and we're very grateful for all the great help we've had. Many of you know I build Boats, and Decoys for a living, and if I don't work hard at it full-time there's no employees, or crew to keep things rolling. I feel very fortunate to have such great Family, and Friends. My Wife has been great, and I've been able to continue delivering on orders during this ordeal even if its at a lesser capacity. All booked Hunts are still on for this upcoming Winter so we are praying God's plan for Lilly includes Her being able to be home, and things somewhat back to normal in the next month or two.

Thanks again to all. Being a blue-collar, type-a personality it's very hard for me to be at the Hospital, leaving work alone, and giving up a lot of control. Adjusting to change is never easy, but The Lord has really provided, and answered our prayers. Really appreciate the support again everybody big time. - Bender

:amen

10. mtduck

mtduck Senior Refuge Member

Donation email sent to Masters as well. I have a feeling there are a lot of people thinking of you today. Good luck.