Funny phone call for my son yesterday with Callmaker

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by CA Birdman, Jul 31, 2018.

1. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

My son (soon to be 22) sent his Riceland Speck call back in for warranty work and a retune. The band had came loose and the barrel was tight. My son answered his cell phone and voice asked if it was my son. He said yes. Bill Daniels was on the line and said I got your call today and I broke your call today. I will send you a picture of calls built you can choose from including various wood choices or I can turn you an acrylic call like the one you sent back.

My son had nice conversation with Bill, got picture shortly thereafter with calls and sent back his choice. Glad to see customer service is still alive and well in the callmaker business.

2. CA Birdman

Call came today. Great looking call.

3. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

WOW that's a great ad for service of a great product the birds really come to it. [ here in central ill. ] its mostly after the season. but they bring in a lot of the whities. ps its the one call I can get that juvie speck moan which I believe is the deadliest call for both specks and snows. we use 12 elec calls with 24 sounds. but once theyre in that moan will put them in your face. watched a young bird do it for us 2 yrs ago on 4 flocks[we shoot he stayed] took a yr for this old man to find and learn that call.

4. CA Birdman

Out here in CA - there is no electronic calling allowed even for the plentiful snow geese (fall or conservation season), so you better be able to run your goose calls

5. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

I believe the elec. calls do help. I forgot we added 2 o juvies migrator calls, they have a really real sound that we use for close birds.

6. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE Elite Refuge Member

Exactly and thank goodness. So glad to hear RCC took care of your boy.
    Poor quality and designed calls was the basis for us to start making our own calls. The few things we focused on were volume and ease to blow. We are never on the X so its always about traffic. We machine our own guts and reeds.
    In the pic below is one of our calls named Traffic Control in both acrylic and wood, it has a single stainless reed
    20180815_085241.jpg