Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

funny thing ,these new snow goose guides.....

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by joecitrano, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joecitrano

joecitrano Senior Refuge Member

I see a few new snow goose guides in 2 areas that I hunt.funny they have couple trucks runnin around runnin geese out of everywhere they land when there runnin a party.theyve trespassed on my land a few times.even at night when roosting on our place.they run all over.not to mention hunting fields birds haven't even been near.its infuriating to watch them destroy an area.there too stupid to realize there poopin where they eat.anyone else dealing with this?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  2. Allan

Allan Elite Refuge Member

Joe, that sucks. Used to have the coolest situation here for hunting snow geese on the water. Got ruined. Same kind of deal. At least I knew what I had when I had it.

3. joecitrano

joecitrano Senior Refuge Member

It sucks Allan.sorry to hear that.thing that gets me if they just hunted the area when it was right it would stil be good.now the area is all but ruined.

4. purlin12

purlin12 Senior Refuge Member

It's been a war zone out there! Even the older guides been setting up in fields their not suppose to and getting kicked out at sun rise by the land owner. They got the farmers permission that tills the ground but not the owners. A lot of people are shooting roost already and shooting your fields out while your watchin em. Just to make sure you don't have birds. It's like the Wild West.

5. Rick_Walls

Rick_Walls Senior Refuge Member

I know how you feel Joe, I've given up hunting snows this time of year because of the guides. One of the guides that is always "highly recommended" on this site constantly runs them with his truck while the party is set up. Has just ruined the snow goosing in this area....

6. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

This practice has been going on a long time well before the conservation season even stated and before the popularity of snow goose hunting is what it is today. Heck I can remember when one of the guides who has been around for a long time would also take his party in the truck and into the fields at 50 mph into the feeding snows with their guns a blazing out of the back of the bed. I think there is defnitely more desire to go after snows now and more of the average hunter out there chasing them and more guides so you see more folks chasing them whether they have permissin to roust or hunt them really doesn't seem to care to some. I wonder if anyone has actually any of these guides to DNR for rousting or trespassing if they are hunting to the DNR or local POPO and if so if they are going to do anything with the push to thin out the snow goose population.

7. blinddog

blinddog Elite Refuge Member

Sounds like rallying to me...

8. Scotty

Scotty Elite Refuge Member

Unfortunately the guides in question, whoever they are may be too connected to do anything about it

9. runNgun

runNgun Elite Refuge Member

Sorry Scotty, I'm gonna call straight up Bull**** on "the guides being too well connected to do anything about..." Didn't Jeff Foiles get arrested, convicted and sentenced for waterfowl violations? Didn't the ex-governor of VA just get arrested and convicted??

It's people that see illegal activity and don't make phone calls to the proper authorities that cause the illegal activity to continue.

complacency is a decision...Right DU??(Sunday hunting shot)

10. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

I can tell you one thing, the farmers aren't going to care if somebody runs birds out of their field as long as they don't rut it up. They don't want them there. The only ones that have a problem with it are other hunters. The old saying is true, nobody hates a duck hunter more than another duck hunter.

The purpose of this season is to kill as many as possible by any means possible, save for baiting. It's no holds barred. That said, I hate snow goose hunting, yall can keep it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.