Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

funny thing ,these new snow goose guides.....

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by joecitrano, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

What does what I drive have anything to do with my knowledge of hunting? The trunk of that Corolla has seen more birds than most tailgates.

BTW I own a truck too, but I like getting 38 mpg, so it doesn't leave the house much unless needed.

2. straitmeat72

straitmeat72 Elite Refuge Member

as always your expertise is unparalleled by anyone on this site. you have done it all bud at 30 years old or younger? damn what you gonna do the rest of your life? I figured by now with all your knowledge and past proven lethality you would have single handedly stopped the migration. :bow

3. chcltlabz

chcltlabz Elite Refuge Member

Anyone can put decoys on a field covered in goose **** and kill canadas, and I don't care if they are residents or migrators. Killing resident geese in September is like killing a deer on a corn pile. All you have to do is be in the right place at the right time.

Kill them consistently through the year, into January and February and you can talk, or consistently put birds on the ground running traffic.

I had to laugh at the "for years" part. I've got ball sweat that's older than you, and I'm by no means an old guy.

If you spent half the time listening and being humble as you do trying to show people how impressive you are, you just might be that impressive.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  4. Trevor Shannahan

I thought we were talking Residents. Come Dec. they are all mixed in and you have no clue what you are hunting here. I run traffic 75% of the time during the regular season and have plenty of success.

I've been hunting for 20 years, guiding on and off for 7, and have hunted 100+ days for the last 5 seasons. I've hunted across the country in 12 different states and Canada. You can think what you want about my credentials, but they are there and there is only one guy in this entire thread that puts in as much time in the field as me.

5. Trevor Shannahan

Never said it was unparalleled. You are putting words in my mouth.

Btw what does age have to do with anything. I have met guys that have been hunting for 50+ years that don't **** about hunting. Time doesn't always equate to knowledge

6. Allan

Allan Elite Refuge Member

That is a fact.

7. Allan

Allan Elite Refuge Member

BTW, that wasn't directed at Chocko or Str8meat, those guys are as avid, and accomplished, as they come.

8. bird junkie

bird junkie Elite Refuge Member

We hunt residents or James bay birds all season here beginning to end and they are always tough early or late. Never have any real success running traffic a few pairs but we get very few groups to finish.

9. chcltlabz

chcltlabz Elite Refuge Member

You realize there are 2 sides of the Chesapeake Bay right? Hunting in the Resident Zone is not like hunting in September, and it certainly isn't like hunting on the shore. Sure, some migrators mix in, but actually they're pretty easy to pick out. Honestly, its because they're the dumb ones.

I certainly don't hunt waterfowl 100 days a season. I wish I had a job that would allow it, but I don't. And as far as age and experience, well, age will tell you the difference between the two. You can learn something from every single person you meet or hunt with, and if you stopped trying to convince everyone how great you are, you'd realize even you Obiwan could learn a few things.

10. Trevor Shannahan

I've hunted the RP zone late season and they seemed pretty much par for the course. Haven't hunted there in maybe 5 years so maybe things changed a bit.

Obviously you aren't listening to what I said. It's because I have hunted so many places with so many different people that I'm good at what I do. I pick up something for the arsenal most every time I hunt a new region.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.