G&H Decoys NOT a quality product

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by RIP, Dec 14, 2017.

1. NW BIRDHUNTER

NW BIRDHUNTER Senior Refuge Member

One problem with AvianX or GHG is weight. I had some beautiful Canadian floaters that looked good, except they weighed a ton. Sold 'em off and use some of the old style G and H which have great lines and are very light, and the paint is still perfect after 25+ years!

2. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

What did customer service say about that?

Hardcore's new Rugged Series line is a strong contender for decoys that are going to hold up for a very long time.

3. RIP

RIP New Member

4. RIP

RIP New Member

Let me clarify, I was not expecting Cabela’s to maintain any purchasing records for me. I went to Cabela’s because it was G&H who said they wanted a receipt. In addition, it was Ward the G&H representative who said how easy it was to get old receipts from Cabela’s. I did not think I would need any proof of purchase since I expected these decoys to last much longer and because on the keel of every decoy is their name clearly molded into the plastic. I also expected G&H to have no problem determining when they produced the decoy. Personally, I have never dealt with reputable company that does not mark their products with some type identification for determining when it was produced.

5. RIP

RIP New Member

Let me clarify, I was not expecting Cabela’s to maintain any purchasing records for me. I went to Cabela’s because it was G&H who said they wanted a receipt. In addition, it was Ward the G&H representative who said how easy it was to get old receipts from Cabela’s. I did not think I would need any proof of purchase since I expected these decoys to last much longer and because on the keel of every decoy is their name clearly molded into the plastic. I also expected G&H to have no problem determining when they produced the decoy. Personally, I have never dealt with reputable company that does not mark their products with some type identification for determining when it was produced.

6. RIP

RIP New Member

7. RIP

RIP New Member

I honestly don’t know how long I expected G&H decoys to last but it was longer than these lasted. I have had decoys last for 20+ years without any sighs of paint flacking off. I do not expect to have to by new decoys every couple of seasons. I will take blame for not sending them back a couple of years earlier when they first started flacking but I still expected a quality company to back their product. In my opinion for what G&H charges for their top of the line decoys they should last 10 or 20 years as long as they are not abused. These decoys were NOT abused. The decoys were never tossed up on the bank, the decoy sack was never thrown around or mistreated in any way.

8. RIP

RIP New Member

My intent was to bash G&H because of what I feel is a poor quality product and their poor costumer service. If it appeared that l was bashing Cabela’s and/or Bass Pro that was not what I had intended to do. However, having done business with Cabela’s and knowing they use to make it very easy to find purchasing receipts. Also knowing Cabela’s used to back up everything they sold. I was simply attempting to notify others that has changed. Possibly that might be one reason why they are not in control of their company any longer.

9. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Let it go RIP. R.I.P.

10. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Also quite possible that customer abuse of said policy caused them to decline in profits.

brentbullets likes this.