G Overhauler vs EX-Reflex

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by Greenhead Rocker, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Greenhead Rocker

Greenhead Rocker Elite Refuge Member

Which and Why...GO!!

2. joshblack

joshblack Senior Refuge Member

Saunders traffic:nutz

3. don835

don835 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I couldn't resist...LOVE em' both. Having run both calls I can tell you that the Reflex is easier and faster to drive than the "G". Transition notes are easier and the Reflex has a taller top end...with the "Crack" that works so well.
    The "G" is what I ran for 2 years before I found the Reflex and X Series. I fooled a lot of Geese with the "G" and still have a Hedge that will put em' to sleep with finish work. The Reflex will do the same but it drives different than the "G" for me. I don't like having to think about mechanics when I bring up a call. I don't switch back and forth very often because of this. If and when MG comes out with a Hedge or BEM Reflex or X series I will most likely retire the "G". In terms of top end the Reflex is a close second to my Traffic, which I don't use much anymore either. To be honest with ya, I think a better comparison would be a "G" vs an X Series. I still would have to go with the MG calls. Hope this helps ya man...

Murph.

4. DrakeStar

DrakeStar Elite Refuge Member

G- Overhauler
    The Reflex is easily overblown,even with a full reed,them phantom guts just run way to light no matter how they are tuned.

5. Currescent Wrench

Currescent Wrench Refuge Member

^ x2 on this??have had them both and yes the G takes more air but the Reflex just runs too light for me, if yer just going to pick between those 2 i would go with the G

6. DMBgoosehunter13

DMBgoosehunter13 Elite Refuge Member

Ex Reflex has a superb low end.

7. jrode237

jrode237 Elite Refuge Member

G for me as well. The reflex isn't a bad call, and I actually still own one but the 2 mainstays on my lanyard are a Traffic and the G.

8. gooseguy68

gooseguy68 Elite Refuge Member

I've run booth,

Reflex is better, g is good but reflex is more versatile IMHO.

neither could get my traffic of my rope. :tu

9. Robbie Brink

Robbie Brink Senior Refuge Member

I'm very biased but its the EX-Reflex, if its running to light, take a butter knife and bend the reed up a little and see if that helps

10. Robbie Brink

Robbie Brink Senior Refuge Member

I find no trouble in blowing the call, all depends on your style and how you like a call tuned, I run a heavier call and can find my spot with phantom guts very easily