G Overhauler vs EX-Reflex

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by Greenhead Rocker, Mar 3, 2015.

1. gdagoosehunter

gdagoosehunter Senior Refuge Member

I prefer the g. It does everything I need. Paired with my real Thang and I have everything I need. Been running that combo for 3 years. I tried the reflex and was way too light. Plus Tim has great customer service to boot.

2. don835

don835 Elite Refuge Member

The Reflex is designed to be an easy call to run. If it is too light for you simply expose more reed and/or adjust the wedge accordingly. You can call the shop and get a full reed if needed. Like I said before, a better comparison for the "G" is the MG "X" series.

Murph.

3. SB

SB Senior Refuge Member

Can you guys tell me what the main differences are between the "X" series and the Reflex.
    Do they take about the same amount of air to run, is one more suited to something than the other?
    Thanks for the info.

4. don835

Coming from a non contest caller I can tell you that the Reflex is about a 1/2" shorter than the "X" Series. What does that mean to us average callers? The shorter the call the easier it is to get the top end. The Reflex does this without sacrificing the bottom deep Goose sound. A very easy/fast call to run. I like to use the Reflex when I hunt out of lay down blinds...just easier to run.
    The "X" Series, being longer lends itself to a more balanced sound delivery. The deep Goose, medium Goose is there but not quite as loud on top as the Reflex.
    Ease of use is there like the Reflex...maybe a little harder to start the reed.
    Tuning can be done easily to these calls for those that like a stiffer call.
    I have both, the the Reflex and MG "X" series. Best calls I have ever run and I have owned many.

Murph.

5. SB

SB Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for the explanation Murph.

6. Greenhead Rocker

Greenhead Rocker Elite Refuge Member

Any other opinions out there??

7. calling4life

calling4life Elite Refuge Member

Can't get a hang on Scott's goose calls, the g was alright, I'm not much good with Grounds' shorter calls either

Running a reaper and lawmaker right now, I like these newer style blood guts.

Still thinking a g barrel on a triple crown insert may be interesting, I haven't had a Saunders in a while though

8. powder keg meg

powder keg meg Senior Refuge Member

How about the EX-Reflex D ? Anyone try one?

9. don835

I don't have a Reflex D but I just got an EX3 D. Man that Delrin is sweet. Has a sound all it's own. I can only think that the Reflex D would have the same crisp top end as the 3D. I have the Black MG guts in the EX3 D and I believe the Reflex D has the same set. I suppose now I will have to get a Reflex D:rolleyes:

Murph.

10. Robbie Brink

Robbie Brink Senior Refuge Member

Current EX3D's and reflex D's are running our green guts, we weren't seeing much a difference or gaining a advantage with the black, so they're gone