Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Book Forum' started by FWLTLK, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Gooski

Gooski Senior Refuge Member

By that time I will forgotten all the complex plots and story lines:mad:

2. 'tween_fly_ways

'tween_fly_ways Moderator Moderator

On your recommendation I downloaded this and have read the existing six books over the last two weeks. They are by David Weber, btw, not Martin. But, it is a great read. I love the concept and the focus, though technically the writing is pretty poor ( I almost think of it as the "on the other hand" series rather than the 'Safehold' series :nutz). Still, a very cool concept and story. I only hope it wraps up in less than 10 books.:h

3. doghunter

doghunter Refuge Member

My goal is to read these books this year. I just have so many books that I want to read but I guess I have the whole year to do it. Maybe after I finish the book I am on, I will go to this series.

4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Tween,

Very sorry for the mistake. I am old.

That said, glad you enjoyed them. I am a Sci-Fi and Military reader, mostly, and this covers both bases for me.

5. Gooski

Gooski Senior Refuge Member

Seen a recent interview of his.

"I am working on it. It will be a long time coming. I have many many more pages to do, but I have some great stuff planned for it: a lot of blood and fire and death and devastation and ravens coming home to roost."

I was hoping for sooner rather than later.

6. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

NATIVE,

Thanks for the heads up on the Safehold series. I just finished the first one and found it to be pretty decent. I will definitely pick up the 2nd in the series and give it a read.

That being said - being retired Air Force and not Navy, I had to eventually start glossing through the Nautical terms and actions. I understand Tactics and Strategy, - but all the stuff about sailing was ponderous.

7. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Yea, it was, but shows the background work he put in. I really like the series.

My problem now is, since I listen to books instead of reading them, while in the vehicles, I have reached the end of all my series. Now I gotta find new interests.