Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Gander joke

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Farmer hunter gatherer, May 20, 2017.

1. Farmer hunter gatherer

Farmer hunter gatherer Refuge Member

Went to gander man to get some deep discounted stuff. Kept getting emails stating everything 40 % off. What a joke. Everything maybe 10 % off and with that discount still more expensive than lots of other places. We were there at 845 last night store closing at nine and it still had tons of stuff on the shelves. Where is it going now? What other store is gonna sell gander mtn brand clothes if the inventory was bought out? Guns were only marked down 5%. No wonder the weren't selling they were marked higher than other places to start. No wonder there out of business.

2. SMH

SMH Senior Refuge Member

Agreed. I stopped in thinking that I might pick up some fishing shirts. They were still $35-$40 each. Went across the street to Dick's and bought two for $30. I do feel sorry for the employees though. Some of them had worked there a long time and seemed to be great folks.

3. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Was just at mine this past week. They advertise 60% off at this point. Still not low enough to be a motivator. They start at the high end, like on boots, $190 and then give you 40 or 50% off which brings them down to what everyone else has them. Bunch of clowns.

4. bird junkie

bird junkie Elite Refuge Member

The liquidation guy at my old gander must be doing a better job I have saved several thousand since they started and nowhere can I find pricing close to what they are selling things for.