Garlicky Duck Skewers

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Wiz Bang, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Wiz Bang

Wiz Bang Senior Refuge Member

I've been waiting to try this recipe for months. I got it out of the DU Magazine.

This is a recipe for everyone that says they don't do wild game. No ducky taste here!!! Just scrumptiouse goodness!

6-8 skinless duck breast fillets (I used 2 pintails and a teal)
    1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
    10-12 cloves fresh garlic minced
    3 tbls worcestershire sauce
    3 tbls soy sauce
    1 tbls lemon juice (I didn't have any)
    2 tbls dijon Mustard (I used frenches)
    1 tbls black pepper
    1/2 tsp salt
    wooden skewers

I added 2-3 tbls ketchup and 2-3 tbls sweet baby rays BBQ sauce.

Put all the ingredients in a bowel and mix it together. Next
    Slice duck fillets across the grain of the meat into 3/4 inch thick strips. Add them to the mixture. I then took a couple forks and tenderized the meat by poking each piece well. Then stuck it in the fridge for about 30 min. (DU suggested 1-4 hours but it was dinner time and I was hungry).

Place on skewers (I did three to each skewer) I cooked it on the BBQ on a medium hot heat. I fliped them after 3 1/2 min and remarinated the cooked side. then flipped again after about 3 1/2 min and remarinated the side. and cooked for another 2 min. Mine were medium but closer to medium rare. Not too red but more redish than pink. Very Tasty. served with French fries (because they were quick). Marinating them as you turn them keeps them tender and juicy.

2. cackler slayer

cackler slayer Senior Refuge Member

I tried this recipe out a few times and it is to die for!!! My son to be wife and her family loved it!! before they did not take to much to eating duck and goose but now they cant get enough of it!!:tu